• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
matt05

Hello from southern France

Hi everybody,

I'm Matthieu, 25, and it's a big big pleasure I join this forum. I was born in a city of 40 000 lives, Gap, in south Alps mountain, liberated in august 20, 1944 by elements of second battalion of 143rd inf regiment, 36th Div Texas, 117th Cavalry reconaissance Squadron, and 93rd Armored Field artillery Battalion. I'm living now in a small town of 7000 people, named Sisteron, 45km at the bottom of Gap, liberated by the sames units.

I collect since 10 years the US items about the units who liberated my city and the southern France (3rd, 36th and 45th infantry division, 117th cav reco sqd, 93rd AFA, 2nd, 3rd and 83rd chemical mortar battalion, Engineers combat units, etc..

With this first post, I wanna say a big big thank you to all the ww2 veterans who gives theirs life to liberate my city, and in general my country, la France, and the Europe. God bless the greatest generation.

I can assure you, we never forget their sacrifice here.

Best regards

Matthieu

gap.thumb.jpg.14f066b4184743c0571f58e1f1ff387a.jpg

Welcome aboard, Matthieu. We are glad to have you here. My grandfather was with the 540th Combat Engineers which landed in that area during Operation Dragoon.

Welcome Matthieu. So pleased to make your acquaintance. So glad you joined. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Thank you for taking an interest in our veterans and the history of WWII. 

Smiles,

M1