• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

Advertisers   08/12/17

If you would like to advertise on my VI Corps site, please let me know. However, all ads must be directly related to WWII. Are you an author? Are you conducting tours? Are you a researcher? Prices are very reasonable, for aren't we here to benefit each other? Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Viewers, please note, there WILL NOT be giant pop-up ads on my site. Nothing infuriates me more than going to someone's site and having to scroll past obnoxious, in your face ads or ones that are stuck in the middle of articles, forcing you to scroll further down the page to see the rest of the paragraphs. They will be tasteful, appropriately places small banners.
    • Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
verow

Unbroken - Official Trailer

My god a movie with a great actor (Jack O'Connell) movie trailer really makes you want to see more, I look forward to its release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk1M_HwmFMM

I read the book about a year ago. Heartbreaking. I had to put the book down several times, for it really got to me. One of the best I've ever read.

Yes, the book was great. Looking forward to the movie!

I went to see the film this Saturday !!
Superb film, I think, is among the best films of guerre.Puissant, a moving story, violent ... sometimes I would have wanted to give some shots to crazy Japanese.

Love the song love the film even more !!

I have yet to see it, but I still want to. I will say that it has angered some Japanese people becuase of how they are portrayed - you know - as doing exactly what they did. Sorry guys, it may come as a surprise to you as you may not have been taught this in school (which they aren't), but you were a brutal bunch of folks in WWII. All those guys that came back from POW camps as 94 pound physical wrecks didn't get that way because they fed so well and excercised too much. I guess if they did a movie about the book Flyboys and portrayed the Japanese commander as having eaten the livers of several of the flyers, they would really freak out!