• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Happy Thanksgiving to all my peeps!   11/18/17

Dear Peeps!  Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am very grateful to all of you for helping me make this site such a wonderful resource for people all over the world. Could not have done it without your assistance. Much love to all, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
TMHolman

157th Combat Engineers photos from Andrew G Holman's collection

post-1643-0-72628400-1406580314_thumb.jpgAndrew Holman is in the front center

post-1643-0-14431900-1406580313_thumb.jpgAndrew Holman back right

post-1643-0-54626500-1406580311_thumb.jpgAndrew is in the back center wearing sunglasses

post-1643-0-33843600-1406580309_thumb.jpg Soldiers name not known

Unfortunately, I do not know anything about the photos or who the other men are. I am hoping that maybe others might be able to identify anyone in the photos. My grandfather was in Company C.

Fantastic! So pleased to see these and to have you as a member. Can you tell our members a bit more about these photos, if known.

Loving it! :pdt12:

A very handsome young man, and I love the license plate. I had a license plate frame made in honor of my dad.

This is now on my car, but of course with my actual license plate. :pdt12:

post-2-0-34544700-1406720248_thumb.jpg

Hi!

It is wonderful that you found new things to share with us!

I have never seen those license plate covers before. What a great idea and Marion, how special the one you made up honoring your Dad.

My Dad, later in life, got a POW (Ex-POW) license plate. He saved the plate (and I did too) after he was no longer able to drive because his knee and bone was removed and his leg made straight.

The license plate cover would be a great product for so many of the WW2 organizations to sell to raise money and also to keep the memories of the War and the men that fought in it alive. It might stir up folks that have information/photos etc. stored away to share them.

Andrew Holman would be proud of his Grandaughter for helping keep his memory alive! And sharing with us this great license plate idea. I would order one today!

Jean

I should have included this comment, and that is, if I had time, I would love to contact organizations like Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, the WW2 Museum, the different Army Division Associations and give them a contact where they could have them made at a great low price - that would obviously take some research and they might more quickly have their own sources to go to. It is the idea of having that product available - that is so wonderful

But for now, I don't dare add anything in to my overflowing queue... but oh my gosh, so tempting. It is such a great idea!

Thank you granddaughter of Andrew Holman and proud daughter of a 540th Combat Engineer!

Jean

Oh if anyone is interested, this is the fellow that made my dad's license plate.

http://www.usaircombat.com/

Tell him that Marion from VI Corps Combat Engineers sent you.

Oh and Jean, do I know about overflowing queue? Ha-ha! We are both in the same boat. :14_2_107:

post-1643-0-43421000-1422895244_thumb.jpgI finally finshed my shadow box in honor of my Grandfather Andrew Holman and his time in the service!

post-1643-0-22575400-1422895258_thumb.jpg

The medals are the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign with 4 Bronze Stars, Army Good Conduct Medal, WWII Victory Medal and the French Croix De Guerre.

Also, A Marksman and Sharpshooter Badge and an honorable service lapel pin.

Very nice! I did one for my grandfather and it was very gratifying.

Believe it or not, I still haven't completed my dads! I get involved with so much regarding research, this forum, website and documentary, and then other things go undone...