• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
Guest Caryl-280ECB

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

I just checked out the reviews on Amazon too. WOW!!!!

I got a Kindle for Christmas, so guess who's gonna download this one? First two guesses don't count! :drinkin:

Thanks for the book recommendation Caryl. Sweet!

Just downloaded it. Clicked and literally within 10 seconds, had a brand new book in my collection. Now I've got three waiting for me. Good winter reading...

I'll just stick with,"DOGFACES WHO SMILED THROUGH TEARS". THISOLEVETSAIDIT.

Guest Caryl-280ECB

Going to look into that one too.

Marion, it's really really well written! I read the whole thing (Kindle too) in under two days. DH had to take the kindle away so I'd go to bed!

Sounds like me two weekends ago. Am reading a trilogy and read the second book (over 600 pages) in one day. Okay, now, you DO have to sleep! :clappin2:

I saw a review of UNBROKEN in my daily paper and it got 5 stars which made me sit up and take notice. My local library have a cut in funds so it was not going to be added to their list. I ordered it from the town bookshop and it was here in two days! It is a long time since I bought a hardback and there is a certain feeling I get holding a brand new book - no Kindle for me! lol

I am enjoying this story of Louis Zamperini.

Colin.

Guest Caryl-280ECB

There in lies the difference. I'm in the boonies, no bookstore. I can have a book in my hand in 30 seconds, PLUS I don't have to store a hardback and move it every two years ! :D to each their own.

I will always have my faves in Hardback, especially my WWII collection, but just for reading paperbacks from now on, it's Kindle for me too.

We too live out in the boonies and the nearest bookstore is 45 minutes to an hour away. Long journey, so I shop online a lot.

I always hit up book sales at libraries and shop yard sales for books. I've picked up some of my favorite books for less than $1. And of course I'm never too disappointed if I don't like them because I have hardly any money invested and I just recycle them by giving them back to the library for the book sale next year.

I've been toying with the idea of a kindle but to be honest just can't quite warm up to it. Maybe one day, lol.

I will always have my faves in Hardback, especially my WWII collection, but just for reading paperbacks from now on, it's Kindle for me too.

We too live out in the boonies and the nearest bookstore is 45 minutes to an hour away. Long journey, so I shop online a lot.

STILL GOT THE ONE ABOUT ("DOGFACES WHO SMILED??) Hmmm! justoneatalkin'

That's on the top of my list, baby!!!!! You are too!!!

Brooke:

I wasn't sure about it either, but I was pleasantly surprised. And what's even nicer is I don't have to have both hands out of the nice warm covers to read. One handed reading. I like that. Flick the page and stay warm. ha-ha!

That's on the top of my list, baby!!!!! You are too!!!

7 am CST, this makes my day!!! Right now I am teying to figure how I want to go to ITALY. There is an Author,Writer there that has written a book and has me in it. He wants me there on April 21 to sign the book , I don't know the title of it yet. But I am trying my best to make the trip. He wants to take me to Mt. Pantano,(Bronze Star), Monte Cassino, Anzio, Salerno,Po Valley, etc. etc. Wants me to stay for three weeks,meals,and place to stay will be taken care of. Of course I won't go alone,(LIZno.2). will tag along.

Ya, and I'm tagging along in the luggage baby!!!! We want tons of pictures!!! We want details (well not too many details)! :frown:

Ya, and I'm tagging along in the luggage baby!!!! We want tons of pictures!!! We want details (well not too many details)! :frown:

That would be a nice idea, I would gladly pay for the extra luggage. Bedroom pics. will be deleted. I could ditch No.2, just talkin'

Who's the author?

The author is,, Matteo Incerti,, and he writes for the Italian newspaper in Florence Italy. He wrote a column about me after he interviewed me by phone.

If I get to make the trip --it will be a trip of my lifetime. No. Africa and Italy is where we did battle.(34th Inf. Divn.) over 600 days of combat.

M1 you gonna pack yer bag-hmmm!!

Guest Caryl-280ECB

It certainly will be better than the LAST time you "toured" Italia! Have a BLAST!

I'm packing now sweetcheeks.

I'm packing now sweetcheeks.

All I can say is---When you got it,YOU GOT IT !! Going to talk to Gary Swanson see If I can get a discount on airline tickets.

Three places I would love to see, Mt. Pantano,Monte Cassino,Anzio.When I first saw them it was very different.

Whatever you do and wherever you go there, it will all be worthwhile and a wonderful trip. It will bring back all kinds of memories, some good, some bad, but to see everything put back together and beautiful, will be a sight to behold. You will be very welcomed by the Italian people, and also be able to honor and represent your brothers.

God bless ya Rocky!

Whatever you do and wherever you go there, it will all be worthwhile and a wonderful trip. It will bring back all kinds of memories, some good, some bad, but to see everything put back together and beautiful, will be a sight to behold. You will be very welcomed by the Italian people, and also be able to honor and represent your brothers.

God bless ya Rocky!

Thank You Sweetie !! They put up a Memorial On Top of Mt. Pantano for the 34th Divn. I'm told. Only GOD knows if I go or not. Hope HE is smiling down on me.