New Registrations Read more... ×
Research Assistance Donations Read more... ×
Apologies - Forum was down for several days Read more... ×
Walt's Daughter

Marion's Radio Interview - WVOX.com

Hey guys and gals!!

Guess what? A first for me. My first radio interview that is. Ya, really!

Ken Kraetzer, whom I met a few years ago via the Internet, wrote to me this morning after receiving my latest article in Army Engineer Magazine. Ken asked me if I would call into his radio show during the summer and talk about what I do to honor the veterans. He broadcasts nationally on WVOX.com, every Friday morning at 8:35.

http://www.wvox.com/

So I just got off the phone with him, and I am scheduled on August 1, 2008. I am very excited and honored to be part of this and can't wait. Oh ya, I'm a bit nervous, but I guess I'll get over the heeby-jeebies! :armata_PDT_23::frown:

Please check out Ken's site here:

http://www.legionpost50ny.com

You can also listen to recent interviews too.

Some of you may recognize Ken's name and the site, because I have spoken about them several times within the last four years. Ken was part of a great organized trip to Italy.

American Legion Post 50 SAL 50 Goes to Italy

In May 2005 members of Post 50 and its Sons

of the American Legion Detachment organized

a trip to Italy to conduct World War II 60th

Anniversary ceremonies at the two American

Cemeteries at Nettuno and Florence.

http://www.legionpost50ny.com/2005_Italy_Trip.html

They are going to Normandy in June 2009, and asked if I would help to promote the trip. So here we go...

http://www.legionpost50ny.com/2009_Normandy_Trip.html

---------------------

A big thanks to Ken. I am honored to be among your guests. Looking forward to August 1. :pdt34:

Edited by Walt's Daughter
temporarily postponed - date to follow

GOOD FOR YOU !! to bad it's not on Aug.22 . If they tape it, don't forget

to ask them for a copy. I did. Rocky

Oh yes. It will be available on their web too. I shall paste a copy on our website too, then everyone can listen whenever they get a chance.

Wow, now I am up there with you. :clappin: We're famous! ha-ha!

post-256-1214415665_thumb.jpg

THAT'S OUR GIRL.... :heartpump: Congrats from England

:clappin2::clappin::drinkin::armata_PDT_37:

Now that's what I call a hearty congrats! Love you guys! :drinkin:

WAOUHHHHHHH Marion :heartpump: Congratulations to you, From France :clappin::drinkin:

VEE ;)

you GO girl!!!!!!! :armata_PDT_37: That's AWESOME! Can't wait to hear it!

Betcha a million $$$ that Frank will be "high-5ing" Walt to congratulate him on yet another milestone for his amazing daughter!!!! :pidu::clappin: :clappin:

echoing Brooke: "WaaHOO!"

m2

Miles of thanks to my adoring fans. :wub: You guys are the greatest, and certainly have made my day. I'll be sure and try and sneak in a howdy to all my vets and forum members!!!

:waving:

My interview has been moved to the last Friday of the month, August 29th.

Nope, it's the 22nd of August at 08:35 AM. That is an affirmative! Just talked to Ken yesterday. Now we got 'er straight! :armata_PDT_37:

Nope, it's the 22nd of August at 08:35 AM. That is an affirmative! Just talked to Ken yesterday. Now we got 'er straight! :armata_PDT_37:

I WUZ BORN AUGUST 22 1922 9AM

MY ABOVE INPUT, CAME TRUE AFTER ALL. M-1 AT 9AM GIVE A BIG YELL. SAY

THAT'S FOR ROCKY!!

Ken wanted me to listen in this morning to hear his interview with an aircraft carrier. It gave me a feel for the show.

Yes, you can listen to me LIVE at 0835 (that's 8:35 AM to the general public :rolleyes: ) on the 22nd of August. Simply go to WVOX.com and you can hear the morning show right on their home page. If you miss it, they will have it posted as a sound file you can click on. I'll be sure to give you all the pertinent information.

Looks like it will be a short interview. Good! That makes me feel a bit more relieved. :frown:

I will try and make sure I get in a Happy birthday to my good buddy Rocky Raccoon!

Ken wanted me to listen in this morning to hear his interview with an aircraft carrier. It gave me a feel for the show.

Yes, you can listen to me LIVE at 0835 (that's 8:35 AM to the general public :rolleyes: ) on the 22nd of August. Simply go to WVOX.com and you can hear the morning show right on their home page. If you miss it, they will have it posted as a sound file you can click on. I'll be sure to give you all the pertinent information.

Looks like it will be a short interview. Good! That makes me feel a bit more relieved. :frown:

I will try and make sure I get in a Happy birthday to my good buddy Rocky Raccoon!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ARE A SWEETHEART!!!!!

temp in the70s going to hop out and look for peeled pecans. (at the store) Rocky J Sq-----

Well done Marion. Give them something to remember on your interview.

Thanks Joe. I am very grateful to Ken and to WVOX for giving me this opportunity. Lee said this morning, watch out honey, your server could get bogged down after the interview. Oh wow I stated, your right. Hadn't thought about that. :armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_01:

I would like to wish you good luck before I forget to do that in time :armata_PDT_01:.

Frank

Mucho gratias to all.

Slight change of plans...Good news - bad news!

Ken just wrote to me a few minutes ago and informed me that his whole segment has been bumped, due to election coverage. So there has been a postponement. I will inform you as soon as Ken and I both know regarding rescheduling.

However, there is some GOOD news too, and I am sharing part of his letter with you:

My apologies again on having to postpone again.

We will do this so that we have your story up on our website.

I was in Washington last week and described your website to an executive at the National Endowment for the Arts as part of the trend of excellent historical websites being built by volunteers around the country.

I was disappointed, but as soon as I read the part about Washington, well...The part about the National Endowment for the Arts, kinda perked me right back up. I am so honored to have been the topic of conversation. Thanks Ken.

It's just a postponement, so that's not bad, but the thing I DO feel bad about is not being able to wish ROCKY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON NATIONAL RADIO! Sorry there amigo, I had it all set. :( Well we'll have to have a big party on the forum!! :drinkin:

Stay tuned more details...

Mucho gratias to all.

Slight change of plans...Good news - bad news!

Ken just wrote to me a few minutes ago and informed me that his whole segment has been bumped, due to election coverage. So there has been a postponement. I will inform you as soon as Ken and I both know regarding rescheduling.

However, there is some GOOD news too, and I am sharing part of his letter with you:

I was disappointed, but as soon as I read the part about Washington, well...The part about the National Endowment for the Arts, kinda perked me right back up. I am so honored to have been the topic of conversation. Thanks Ken.

It's just a postponement, so that's not bad, but the thing I DO feel bad about is not being able to wish ROCKY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON NATIONAL RADIO! Sorry there amigo, I had it all set. :( Well we'll have to have a big party on the forum!! :drinkin:

Stay tuned more details...

48 hours and counting !!!!! rjr