New Registrations Read more... ×
Research Assistance Donations Read more... ×
Apologies - Forum was down for several days Read more... ×
Walt's Daughter

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

Okay, looking for volunteers for the documentary. I need the following:

-A few good young men! I need a "voice" for each individual veteran with the project. I have two people right now and will probably need at least a dozen or more. This will be in the same vein as the Ken Burn's Civil War series. Each person was representing by a unique voice. I think this adds a lot of ambience to the documentary and makes it more personal. If you are willing to give 'er a shot, please let me know. I will sending scripts to each person as the lines are written. Right now I am doing most of the voice-overs myself just to see how everything fits in.

-Need more veteran interviews on film. Gary Swanson is sending me a few, but would love to have more to create a more balanced production. If you are a veteran and can have a friend, or family member film you, please let me know.

-I was also thinking today...why not capture some of the sons, daughters or grandkids on film too. If you would love to talk about your WWII loved one, please give me a jingle. Have someone film you in a favorite spot in your house, or a lovely garden area, etc. Share a favorite story or stories, let me know how they influenced you. etc., etc.

Thanks everyone. Really counting on your help. :pdt34:

Good suggestion, but I need SO many, and I can't afford to pay anyone who's professional. I'm just relying on friends and family with good voices who aren't shy. My stepson is doing one voice and he sounds great! :drinkin:

Two of my step-son's friends have agreed to help me out too. Fantastic! So thanks in advance to Eric, Tim and Grant.

Today I am placing all the vet's names into a database and starting to assign the voice-overs. Also making sure each script (numbered by slide), is neatly type-written, so each man taking over a role will be able to easily read it. Within are also notes for pronunciation, where needed.

So today is another organization day. Maybe not as much fun, but an absolute necessity. It ensures things will roll along a bit smoother in the long run. :pdt34:

Special thanks to our friend Gerome Villain, for he is going to film some modern day footage of the Vosges area for me. It will be a nice touch. I will forever be indebted. :wub:

Received three video interviews which were taped by Gary Swanson in conjunction with the Veterans History Project. Thank you, thank you Gary, and a special thanks to the following engineers:

Lewis Grace - 208th Combat Engineer

Floyd Mock - 208th Combat Engineer

Norman Mansell - 112th Combat Engineer

Love to all for their time and contributions. So many good people out there!

Had a few suggestions about giving a preview to the world, so I thought about it and said, why not. Am working on a page this evening, and should have it ready later tonight or tomorrow. Am offering a Flash version and Photodex version, so both Mac and PC users will be able to view it.

Other have previews of their work, and it just might get me some much needed sponsorship, so I think it's a good idea too.

I will place the links here as soon as I'm ready. Will also place them on the main site too.

Later that same night...

Ah, here ya go, the sneak preview to the work in progress. Remember it IS a work in progress, and many things need to be tweaked in the first segment yet, such as voice and music EQ'ing, etc. But it will give you a good idea at what I am aiming for.

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/NoBridgeTooFar.htm

Uh, has anyone had a chance to take a look? :( Guess I was expecting some kind of comments after nine days...

Uh, has anyone had a chance to take a look? :( Guess I was expecting some kind of comments after nine days...

WOW... Outstanding. Marion all those guys would be so proud of you, and what you have achieved so far.

This is like a good book, I can't wait to read the next chapter. Everything is so good, the layouts, the voiceovers ,

maps and photos and films. Is there anything I can do from my end ? Well done kiddo.. :heartpump:

Thank you so much Moose for your input. Was feeling rather lonesome with no reply from no one on our forum. It is very important for me to receive any kind of input, and felt very forelorn.... :( I try and count on you guys for immediate input and wasn't getting any...

I promise it will be even better once I get all the male vocals and intricate touches.

Thank you darling,

LL

I can't wait to get off dial up, so I can watch it!!!! I'd rather have dental surgery than try to watch something on dial up.....

I will send you a disk galfriend. Let me see if I have your snail-mail address in my contacts...

Nope, don't have it, please send me via email, your street addy.

Love,

M1

Its still not compatible with my Macintosh (same with the 36th Engineers footage) even though I do have Flash installed. Probably just my computer ... it likes to play Quicktime and Flip4Mac videos although sometimes not those either. I have dial-up too so maybe that's the problem but shouldn't be with such a small download. Will go to the library computers sometime to take a look.

Got a few more brave volunteers for the men's parts in the documentary. Almost have enough now to cover all the voices for the first segment. Yeah. Thanks to all for their help. :armata_PDT_37:

Looks VERY promising indeed! Very nice.

Keep up the good work.

If I can be of any assistance, just ask me. :pdt34:

Trust me, you don't want to hear this ol' Belgian barking in English. :banghead::rolleyes::armata_PDT_01:

Erwin

Ya, LOL! I'd give ya a part, but the Belgian accent... That would be a "hoot"!

I still need a few more guys in their 20's or 30's to take on a few parts.

In fact I was just working on the vocals right now. Added two new guys to the mix.

Nick Hopper is doing some for me this weekend. Am very excited to hear it all.

Well on my way...

I have almost everyone for the first segment.

Wilbur Thomas Dickens - Nick Hopper

Bill Vander Wall - Lee Chard (my hubby)

Dick Fietz - Eric Chard

Rene Rousselle - Jake Chard

Irving Cherney - Dean Carney (my son-in-law)

Carl Furtado - just given to Todd O'Brien, this evening

John Fallon - Grant Johnson

David A Lapp - ?

John Wack - Jordan Jones (my nephew)

08-06-08 Only need someone for David right now (small part). Yeah, real progress!! :armata_PDT_01:

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this! I have been practicing my lines off and on this week so that I'm ready to record this weekend.

Thanks again M!!! :armata_PDT_01:

Nick, NO, thank you. I am so thrilled with the support from my friends. It's so wonderful to see it come all together. It just sounds so professional with an array of voices. Glad you are having fun with it.

Merci,

M1

This is great. Tonight I received the voice-overs for Wilbur Thomas Dickens, being played by our very own and capable, Nick (otherwise known as Mec1945). I was very impressed. :clappin: You're hired. I incorporated them into the documentary this evening, and also sent the audio files to Nick via email.

So, you can now hear Nick within the project by visiting the No Bridge Too Far page on our main site.

Thanks again for your assistance. It really spruces up the documentary.

:drinkin:

Can't wait to get the other vocals from my buddies this week. It's really starting to come together.

Kai-Ann sent me her vocals this morning. Very, very good. Another good TV voice. Incorporated her vocals into the mix a few hours ago, and they are now included in the latest version of the documentary on our home page.

Thanks Kai-Ann. Looking forward to working with you on this project. :drinkin:

Just received Irving Cherney's part, played by my son-in-law Dean. Thanks a ton Dean. Man this is really coming together. :armata_PDT_37: It's getting closer...

Calling all eligible young men for the second segment!!!

I will need additional men for the following parts:

Harold Bare:

Paul Blackburn:

Cecil Addy:

Paul McGee:

William Herron:

I will also be sending additional scripts for the second segment, to all those who did voice-overs for the first segment. Thanks in advance.

Rocky:

I am planning on using some of your video, where I can within the documentary. Will probably use some of your quotes about engineers, which you have stated on this forum too. It will be great for the project. I'll keep ya posted.

Rocky:

I am planning on using some of your video, where I can within the documentary. Will probably use some of your quotes about engineers, which you have stated on this forum too. It will be great for the project. I'll keep ya posted.

I'LL DRINK TO THAT !!! Been checking on the GOLD MINE!!!!

Still in the discovery stages. Just waiting to touch it, see if it's real. Rocky

Using some of my stuff for your video , I am honored. Thank You. Rocky

Marion,

My son. Lester O'Neal Hamiter, called me a few days ago and was almost speechless.He had gotten a new computer and had been able to see the "No Bridge Too Far" documentary .He did not expect to see the segment about his Grandfather featured so prominately in the introduction .

Thank you again for helping us to pass-on this heritage to our children .

When the CD's are available, we will surely want copies for ourselves and our children .

Bill

Dear Bill:

Thank you. It's a pleasure to be able to do this for all "the boys". I am so happy that the two of you are so pleased. I hope you will enjoy the rest of documentary too. And of course, you and your family will get copies when it is complete.

M1