New Registrations Read more... ×
Research Assistance Donations Read more... ×
Apologies - Forum was down for several days Read more... ×
Walt's Daughter

Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

I finally got around to sending letters to the local libraries, asking them is they would be interested in obtaining a copy of my documentary. Will keep everyone informed. Would be great to have a few local showings.

Next step is to contact the local newspapers. Ah, baby-steps. So much to do, so little time...This is where I need a part-time assistant.

People sometimes ask, haven't you done this, and this and this yet? Well the answer is I am aware of those things, but only have so much time in my day. They tend to forget I work six days a week, and am not retired. So I continue to do my best.

:pdt12:

That's all you can do. You've already done so much more that many of us would ever accomplish.

Give yourself a pat on the back and a coupla "atta girls", you certainly deserve it!!

XOXO

B

Thanks Brooke. Sure was nice waking up to your very sweet post this morning.

In the last couple of weeks I have decided not to get myself too riled up and take it one day at a time. I realize I can't do EVERYTHING, and have to set realistic goals. I know I sometimes push myself too hard, and once in a while have to say, Whoa girl, slow down.

Right now I am back to work on the documentary, and finding some additional wonderful material for part two.

Much love,

M1

If anyone has purchased and/or had a chance to view the documentary and enjoyed it, I sure would appreciate your review on Amazon.com. People really rely on those reviews and it makes a huge difference, for readers are more likely to buy something if they've read positive reviews.

A new friend recently purchased a copy of No Bridge Too Far, and did a review this week. I sure appreciate that, Glenn.

Would also like to thank Colin too. :pdt12:

Since 5 minutes I'm a proud owner of the documentary, amazon, postal services and customs were very fast as it was announced for mid-August :clappin: ! Unfortunately it will be August until I'll find the time to view it :wacko: , of course I'll write a review then.

Christoph

:clappin2: :clappin2: Thank you. I look forward to your review (I think)! :pdt12: :pdt12: :pdt12: :pdt12: :pdt12:

Wow, this is THE biggest compliment I could have received from anyone. I've never met this gentleman, nor did he know that my influence was indeed, Ken Burns. I am whirling with delight.

:nuts: :nuts:

The letter below was sent to my friend Terri...

Terri- I played the two DVD's yesterday. You have another Ken Burns for a friend. Very well done, great merge of photos, music, news photos/movies, and well written and presented narrative. Very professional. Overall an interesting historical document and a touching tribute to her father. I'll package them up and get them back to you. Thanks for the chance to see them. Ray

Very nice!! That is high praise!

Indeed! I'll take that any day of the week.

Would like to thank those who participated and placed their reviews of my documentary via Amazon.com. Those reviews mean a lot to me. :clappin2:

If you saw No Bridge Too Far and enjoyed it, please write a review on Amazon.com. It's very important to me.

http://www.gofundme.com/No-Bridge-Too-Far

Trying to get my funding campaign off the ground. Please help if you can by making a donation today. If you can't donate, please help me get the word around by sharing the above link. Here's the wording from my campaign page:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No Bridge Too Far is a three-part documentary, written, produced and directed by myself, with funding procured with kindness from WWII veterans, their families and other interested parties. It is dedicated to my father, a combat engineer, and his fellow G.I.'s, whose story is rarely told within World War Two circles.

Part one was completed a few years ago, but production fell by the wayside for several reasons including running the family business - ah, there are only so many hours in the day, no matter how dedicated you are!

Now that the family business is closed, I would like to delve in and complete parts two and three, in order to present it to the WWII veterans who are still with us. However, as with any venture, additional funding is needed in order to pay voice-over actors and obtain copyrights for music, imaging and video clips.

For more information about my labor of love, please take a moment to visit my websites:

www.nobridgetoofar.com

www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com

VI Corps Music Jukebox

Please help me bring my dream to fruition, so I can tell the story of the strength and sacrifice of the WWII combat engineers.

Marion J Chard

Proud Daughter of Walter "Monday" Poniedzialek

540th Combat Engineer Regiment

A Proud Daughter, LLC Production

Well via my dear friend Filip, he put me in touch with George Luz Jr, who suggested that I get in touch with Tom Hanks via Playtone Productions, so I am preparing a letter to Mr Hanks and sending him a copy of Part One of No Bridge Too Far. I think it will take a while to finish the letter, for I will probably re-write it a half dozen times before sending. How the heck do I start? :pdt12:

Dear Mr. Hanks, sir, ????

tom+hanks+funny+face.jpg

I am :spam4:. :spam4: I am!

Oh Marion, I am so happy you are taking this next step! Whatever you write to introduce yourself will be wonderful!

Wait until they realize that there is probably no one that has as much knowledge on this topic as you do!

And no one could have worked harder or been more dedicated to the Engineers and to WW2 than you!

I am so excited for you!

Jean

Thanks sweetie. I am very excited. I think it will be cool, even if he takes the time to look at it. It's a wonderful opportunity, that's for sure. Well tomorrow is the big day. Gonna sit and write. Wish me luck! If you don't try, you never get anywhere, so I have nothing to lose.

Okay, I am mailing it to him right now. Am attaching my letter below, along with my intro. Read the LETTER first.

Letter to Mr Tom Hanks Dec 3, 2014.pdf

A Box of Chocolates - revised Dec 3, 2014.pdf

Hope all goes well!

Danka, darling. I have NO high expectations, but I truly do hope he has time to eventually read my letter and view the documentary. I would simply be thrilled with that. I know his love of history and would be honored to share this with him. I realize he is a very busy man with a tight schedule, so even if it does get to him via his personal assistant, it may take a while.

My goal was to reach $4000.00 within a year, however my funding campaign has been at a standstill for the last several months at $1400.00. I have reached out via my websites, letters, Facebook, etc., but to no avail. I sent yet another letter this morning to one of my contacts, and am eagerly awaiting to hear from him, looking for advice on where to turn next.

I SO appreciate everyone who has contributed to my project, but I have to admit how disappointed I am, but I'm not giving up. I truly believed that with all my contacts in the WWII community, that I would have met my goal last year, but it has not come to fruition. I believed that the subject matter would have been of great interest to historians and the like, since the material simply hasn't been explored before, but it's been a struggle.

Doing my best,

M1

:armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23:

Still plugging away...

Ah, trying yet another avenue for my documentary, No Bridge Too Far.

As many of you know, I am trying desperately to get the word out about my work, and even contacted Tom Hanks amongst others, but sadly, no real interest.

It aired on a New Jersey cable channel, but that's about as far as it has gotten.

Well earlier today I was reading an article on Senator Bob Dole and if you remember, he fought in WWII. So a light bulb went off and I said to myself, why haven't you tried contacting him before now?

So tonight I sent a fax letter to his law office and am hoping to hear from him. It would be a real honor and privilege to send him a copy of my work.

Wish me luck. Never give up. Just takes one right person.

www.nobridgetoofar.com

I hope that generates some support. It would be nice to see something nice happen to a nice person once in a while!!

Thanks. I do get a bit discouraged, for I see so much junk out there that become popular and has public support and tons of money pumped into these works. Try as I might (and I have tried), I can't seem to get a break, but I keep going. I start to question myself and say, maybe the work just isn't up to par and that maybe I am fooling myself. I just don't know. Sigh!

• Well, I did receive a personal email from Senator Bob Dole. While he regrets he doesn't have any direct leads for me, he was kind to offer a few suggestions. Again, it was simply wonderful to hear from him directly. Thank you Senator.

2 hrs · Like

• 63509_109094362623679_1498121425_n.jpg?o

Marion Jeanette Poniedzialek Chard I wrote back to him this morning and his secretary answered me right away and gave me his address. I will be sending him a copy of my documentary this afternoon. It's a real honor.

Sorry about the format above. I copied it from my Facebook page.