• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
j3rdinf

WW2 Long Range Desert Group

I'm looking for a couple of books on the Briish Long Range Desert Group in WW 2.

Many years ago I did read a couple of books about them but forget who wrote them

or their titles.

Marion I saw in one of the web sites that "Road TO Rome" by Gen Mark Clark is listed at Amazon as unavailable. Anyone wanting a copy I will send for $7 reproduction and mailing fee. I just sent a copy to Gerald LInkon. We a lucky to have a copies I suppose. AL

Al, that's very nice of you. Thanks for the offer.

They do have a copy available on Ebay right now, but it's already pretty expensive. Well I guess it depends on your pocket book and your "collectors bug".

http://cgi.ebay.com/5th-ARMY-ROAD-to-ROME-...8QQcmdZViewItem

Bid starts at $49.95

:o WoW Let's go into business....I have sent at least a dozen out to my guys. AL

Al, that's a great idea! After all this is still a capitalist country. At least the last time I looked. Watch out, the "mambi-pambis" might want to get rid of that soon too.

Oh Al, btw, if you want to change the size of the text, you must first type all the words, then HIGHLIGHT all the text with your mouse. After all the text is HIGHLIGHTED then go up to SIZE and select LARGE. I have been going in after ya, and fixing it. :lol:

What is happening right now is it just says, , then lists the normal text. I "repaired" your post above for ya. :wub:

Talking about the book,'Road to Rome', There are three rivers I think about. Rapido, (2), Volturno,(3), Arno, guess WHO CROSSED THEM FIRST!!!!

COMBAT ENGINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rocky of the 34th

Let's hear it and sing to the engineers! Gotta love MY BOYS!!!!!! :pdt34::pdt34:

Oh at the 48th reunion I was talking to some of the engineers, and one of them was showing me a photo of one of their bridges. I looked over and said, "Is that a single-double or a double-double?" He looked back at me and smiled widely. He looked at his other buddies and just grinned some more. Wow, you know your Bailey bridges too, he exclaimed! It was a proud moment! They loved it! :pdt12: