• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
Walt's Daughter

OUR MUSIC PAGE

:wub: Thanks General, this is a old rules -if an Army have a great General-Army is great too! So, regards to all,i must keep workin' on music now,Sir! :pidu:

Who's There? :unsure:

The Kid, sir,with one good news and bad one . Good one is-for a 10 (max.)days you are owner of two more discs,not only with a music, bad one is something for yours ears only,sorry to rest of visitors if i tell you i must kill you,ha-ha!Dont vorry,nothing spectacular, some about customs ... :pal:

Well, what do they say Misha, it's the thought that counts. :pdt34:

I will be eagerly awaiting my package from Le Kid. How much fun is this? :D I thank you in advance.

Le General

I am working on the "downed" music portion of our site, so don't worry. I have forgotten about it. So don't give up.

In the mood...

I have wonderful news for all. Thanks to your support and donations, I was able to secure a new domain today and caught a GREAT deal for hosting our music on a new server. We don't have to worry about storage or bandwidth because I was able to get 25 GB's bandwidth and 500 MB's storage and for a really decent rate.

I am so overjoyed. Now we will be back up and running and I don't have to fool with running my own server. I am so, so happy! :pdt12::pdt12:

I hope to have everything up and running by Friday at the latest! This is the best news. I knew a door would open somewhere for me, for US! -o-

Thanks again for standing behind me and giving me moral support and a very special thank you to all who sent donations. I couldn't have done it without all of you. God bless you! I love you all! :heartpump::heartpump:

We're back, we're back, we're back. I am so happy!

Thanks to all for your patience while the music site was down. We are back due to your moral support and your donations. Because of so many generous contributions, I was able to find a new hosting source that provided for our growing needs and we are now back bigger and better than ever with room to grow.

Enjoy and I hope to be adding more in the near future. Here's the NEW link. The old one will no longer work!

VI Corps Music

Let's swing once again!!! :pdt34::wave2:

Naturally, being bias, my favorite is the song of the 3rd Inf Div in ww2. "Dogface Soldier". It is still in use by our "new 3rd Div warriors" to this day in Iraq. However

I liked Lille Marlene, eveb though A German song. Also, Waltzing Matilda. (ANZAC )..

Oh no, I just got promoted. I turned down promotions 60 years ago.

That's okay Joe, your new acting general (yes the one and the only General MJC Chard) has seen your promotion and wholeheartedly pats you on the back! :pdt12: Ah, there's just no getting around it here! Hey when you get enough points, you can come up to the officer's mess and have a drink with me. Of course, I'm buying!!! :pdt12::pdt34:

On the music realm...

I am planning on including a version by Marlene very soon. I think it's the best version too.

I am going to be adding more tunes in the next month or so, so keep checking back for more. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Okay Misha sent me TWO CD's full of music. One is ALL Glenn Miller. I just got done uploading In the Mood! Whoopee! B) Lot's more to come, but it will take me a while.

Sinatra I did it my way is my proposal for a theme song for the WW2 veterans still here snd due for departure in the future.

So here is one website that says ir all. http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Atrium/...67/sinatra.html

Okay folks you asked for it and you got it! :pdt34:

I've been working feverishly for the last three days to bring you the new and updated music page. Many of you inquired if it would be possible to have the music play much as it would on a radio station. Well your wish is my command.

I've also added more tunes bringing our grand total to date to approximately 100 tunes!

The new player pops up in it's own individual window, thereby allowing you to keep listening no matter where you go on the Internet.

The new player allows continuous music, but also includes features that let you stop, repeat, shuffle, etc., much like Real Player, Music Matchbox, Windows Media Player etc.

So put on your dancing shoes and grab a partner or simply sit back and enjoy with a :coffee: . In the mood anyone? :heartpump:

--------------------------------------------------------

Click here to read about it and get instructions:

http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/ or

Click here to bring up the

WWII Jukebox

Edited by Walt's Daughter

Oh Paul, I did upload a few Frank songs. Still need to get a copy of "I Did it My Way".

We do have:

The Way You Look Tonight

As Time Goes By

Must have listened to those 20 times yesterday while doing this! :wub:

Since changing to the new format, I've realized that some folks with dial-up connections are having problems, so I've also installed a second version that uses the old format. So you now have a choice when you bring up the music page -

new format with radio style jukebox or

older format with that requires you to select each song manually

Enjoy! -_-

I know I am behind the times but its great to find some good music from the era. My mom came to visit me two weeks ago and she always tells me I was born in the wrong era. My interests and values have long since gone. I am glad to still be able to associate with people from that era. That is another reason I re-enact. I want people to remeber those time and what they stood for. People are forgetting to fast.

Kyle

Okay I uploaded these songs this afternoon. Oh boy, new tunes!!! :nuts:

These are all songs by the Andrew Sisters :pdt20:

• Elmer's Tune
  • Daddy
  • Sing, Sing, Sing
  • Wake Up and Live
  • Well All Right
  • Hold Tight
  • South American Way
  • Don't Be That Way

Added more Glenn Miller
  • All I Do Is Dream of You
  • All The Things You Are
  • Basin Street Blues
  • Begin the Beguine
  • Body and Soul
  • Carribean Clipper
  • Cow Cow Boogie
  • Everybody Loves My Baby
  • Farewell Blues
  • Get Happy
  • Jeep Jockey Jump
  • Otchi - Tchor - Ni Ya
  • Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
  • Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
  • Tail End Charlie
  • Where or When
:drinkin::pdt::pdt::pdt::pdt:

Because of the amount of work trying to maintain two seperate music pages:

-One for slower connections, which plays songs individually when selected and

-One for faster broadband connections, The Jukebox, which plays like a radio station

I will only be uploading NEW music to the Jukebox. The other one will remain part of the site, but new material won't be added. It will remain as it is.

I apologize for this, but since they use two different formats, the amount of work I would have to put into it, just isn't worth it. Plus the Jukebox is so much easier since I merely have to upload mp3's, instead of having to put in several extra steps for the older format.

Just thought I'd let cha know.

:fish:

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die. This was really appropriate timing because I just finished reading Band of Brothers, not even ten minutes ago. Was getting ready to sit and write more of my book, but thought I'd see if anything was happening on our forum. Lo and Behold I find this tune. Talk about impeccable timing sir Reg!

:pdt34:

I'm sorry for bringing up this topic, but i think it's worth it ;)

What a fantastic webpage with those great songs on it! Really nice, thank you for your time and effort in putting those songs online :pdt34:

No need to apologize. Always happy to discuss anything on this site including music. Glad you enjoy it too!

Thanks for the Memory... :drinkin:

Added about a hundred more tunes last night. Now that was a BIG upload! :nuts:

I don't have an updated printable list yet, but will work on that when I have a chance.

ENJOY! It's my Christmas gift to all of you!!!! Now ain't that love? :love7: