• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

Advertisers   08/12/17

If you would like to advertise on my VI Corps site, please let me know. However, all ads must be directly related to WWII. Are you an author? Are you conducting tours? Are you a researcher? Prices are very reasonable, for aren't we here to benefit each other? Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Viewers, please note, there WILL NOT be giant pop-up ads on my site. Nothing infuriates me more than going to someone's site and having to scroll past obnoxious, in your face ads or ones that are stuck in the middle of articles, forcing you to scroll further down the page to see the rest of the paragraphs. They will be tasteful, appropriately places small banners.
    • Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Happy Thanksgiving to all my peeps!   11/18/17

Dear Peeps!  Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am very grateful to all of you for helping me make this site such a wonderful resource for people all over the world. Could not have done it without your assistance. Much love to all, M1
Walt's Daughter

READING ADOBE PDF FILES

Dear vets and anyone else who has trouble reading.

Most of you have opened ADOBE documents or PDF files. Many of the files or downloads on this site are in PDF form. It's a great way to exchange information because virtually anyone, anywhere can open, read and print them. But here is something you may not realize and I'm sharing it with you tonight.

All recent versions of ADOBE READER have the capability of reading the text out loud to you. What you say? Is this correct. Yes sirree!

Try it right now. Open up any PDF file, go to the MENU at the top of the program and select VIEW. Now scroll down and click on READ OUT LOUD. It does an amazing job. I was astonished myself. You can understand the voice. It's a bit mechanical, but once you get used to it, it's not bad at all.

So if you have problems reading, you may want use ADOBE docs to help you out.

The attachment shows you what the menu looks like. The post that follows this one, will give you a PDF to open and try in case you don't have one handy. So if you don't feel like reading and want to give your eyes a rest. Ain't technology grand? :pdt34:

post-1-1132115583_thumb.jpg

Here's one to try...

You will have to SAVE a copy of this file to your computer and then open it up in order for it to work first. Or if you have one on your computer already folks, just try that. Good luck! :)

VBOB_Cert.pdf

Many do not know about these features either!

Hey gang:

Something I want to share with all of you, for some may not know all the great features of Adobe PDF files, you receive.

Did you know that you can enlarge the documents? Did you know that you can flip the pages, and re-arrange them so they are clockwise or counterclockwise? PDF files will also read out-loud to you?

For instance, the document I sent you last night, can be altered by you. I have attached a "snaphot" of the Adobe PDF document, so you can see what I am referring to. If you already know how to do all these great things with PDF files, then you can toss this email, but if you don't, play along with me now.

Open the attached image. This is how I have my ADOBE PDF TOOLBAR set up.

You will see two arrows at the top. The arrow on the left shows where the ZOOM feature is. The arrow on the right, shows where my ROTATE the documents feature is.

When you open a PDF file, these features may not be on your TOOLBAR. Not to worry. Simply take the following steps to turn these features on. Once you do, they will display on your TOOLBAR, every time you open up a PDF file.

To turn those features on, carry out the following steps:

1. Open up the document

2. Go to the top of the screen and click on TOOLS

3. Now click on CUSTOMIZE TOOLBARS

4. Next, scroll down to PAGE DISPLAY TOOLBAR and check the box next to the CLOCKWISE AND COUNTER-CLOCKWISE controls

5. Now if you want to turn on the feature for zooming, pick the SELECT AND ZOOM TOOLBAR, and check the ZOOM IN AND ZOOM OUT controls.

Pretty nifty huh?

Now anytime you open a PDF file, you wil be able to flip the pages or zoom in and out with ease.

I find all these very handy, even for my "50-something" eyes. I have always had a big problem with "floaties", so it really helps to enlarge the print for me too.

post-2-1224828530_thumb.jpg