Finding a GI

Okay, now this is a weird story. As I tell it you will be thinking, "Marion, what the hell does this have to do with WWII? Well just keep reading, then tell me it ain't a sign! B):lol:

Two days ago I was working in our store. I was back in the storage area and putting away our 7UP order that was just delivered. I was sitting on the floor and placing the 20 oz Squirt and Diet Squirt into a plastic crate. Sometimes some of the soda pop comes in cardboard boxes and it drives me up the wall. Not real easy to deal with, so if I have extra 20 oz crates, I transfer it for storage.

Anyway...

I got down to the bottom layer in the cardboard box and saw what I thought was a piece of dirt. No surprise, all this comes from a warehouse and sometimes things get dirty. They also are hauled around in a truck, so another dirt factor gets added in.

I'm just about done transferring the last few bottles and for some reason I reach into the box and try to pick up the piece of dirt. Well, it wasn't a piece of dirt. No, no it wasn't a bug or anything gross. It was a teeny-tiny little dark green figure. A WWII GI. I swear to God. It's an inch high figure with helmet and the guy even has a teeny-tiny mustache. :pdt20: He has one arm in the air and the other on his hip.

Well he now has a happy home and place of prominence on my desk. Now that you've heard the story, don't you think he was meant just for me? God, I love it. My very own WWII GI. He's a good listener too. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Everything has a meaning. By any chance; does he look like a guy named

Walter?

just wonderin though; Does he bring you breakfast in bed like Lee does???

chucktoo

Now you have a Irish G.I. Good luck.

papa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding Gilbert - story begins in 1944 Walt's Daughter 4 6,625 05-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Finding Harry and Fred Bahlau's story Frank Gubbels 3 5,042 04-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Sgt. John Puckett - Finding his remains... Walt's Daughter 4 169,258 06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter