FRAUD

There a re some items up for sale on E-Bay that have been determined to be fraudulent. They were offered last month and after numerous complaints , removed by E-Bay. Ther have been listed again . You can find a detailed description of this fraud on Mark Bando's website TriggerTime. Plese take the time to report them.

The numbers are

and

Our friends at Triggertime have verified that these are fake. I looked at them and I concur.

Plese take the time to report them to E-Bay.

Maybe Marion you could have a topic listing about this? Its a shame that some unknowing soul would be cheated when they think they are purchasing something that represents the people they honor!

Sincerely

Jiggersfromsphilly

We do have a section for this. We started it about 6 months or so ago.

Please see:

http://208.56.11.96/Invision/index.php?showforum=21

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks Marion ! Iwill use this in the future.

The Items were withdrawn by the seller earlier today. In several rather rude and terse E-Mails he said he was pulling them off because he didn't want to hurt anybody. Well then why did he post them twice under different names in less than 3 weeks? Anyway I would not propose any chastisement unless I was absolutely sure that they were no real. The selling of Easy memorabilia has made many of the companies men bitter. Theygive freely of their signatures and don't like they way they are being hawked later on.

Again I would not bring anysort of fraud like this the the site unless I had complete doubts and verified them with other authorities in the 101st community.

Thank You again for all your support.

Sincerely !

Jiggersfromsphilly

Hey you are doing a BIG service to everyone. Making them more aware and sharpening their "look-out" skills. While EBAY is a GREAT place (I buy and sell there too), you have too be a savvy consumer. It's no different than going to an estate or garage sale. You have to keep your eyes open.

Thanks! :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I'm not sure if I posted this story here or not.

At our last Military Collector's Club, one of the members had his dealer table set up at the big militaria show near Ft. Knox(I believe). His table included his display of airborne equipment and a photo of a famous paratrooper. He recognized an author of a book on the 101st Airborne Division come by check out the display. The author asked about the photo and made comment that he recalled a few years ago when this paratrooper's personal uniform and medals was sold on eBay for $800.

The dealer was interested and inquired about the contents. He described the uniform and such. The dealer then said that was odd, but this soldier was my uncle and for the last 20 years I have owned his uniform and his medals have been hanging in my house.

The author was amazed that even he was suckered into accepting the fakes.

Steve