Vet recalls intense fighting in Italy

Welcome to the site, Mr. Jones! I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Hugs,

Brooke

Sir, can't tell you how excited I am regarding your presence here. Thank you, thank you for joining. You have made my day and I'm sure Rocky's too. Rocky has become a really quick friend and I look forward to our friendship too.

It means a lot to me and certainly to the other board members here. We look forward to your comments.

:pdt34::pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

HOT DIGGIDY DOG!!!!!!! NOW THERE ARE TWO (2), RED BULLS here.

Sure glad to see my buddy aboard. Hey Watson tell em about your jeep.

ON A somber side----Last Sat. 5/6 was V/E Day and no one here rememered. Tonite Wife and I are going to our monthly meeting of the Amer. G.I.Forum and I damn sure will bend some ears. How about your end Joe? Got your e-mail, how is your foot getting along? Man be careful out in the woods. Ketch me later. Rocky. Marion what did I tell you about my name!!!

Oh Rocky you are sadly mistaken my dear. There's a whole running topic on VE-Day! It's been running for several days.

http://208.56.11.96/Invision/index.php?showtopic=2349

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Marion my love, I was talking about here,(K.C.) that's the here I meant.

I wasn't refering to we 'uns on this form. I guess I think in Spanish and

write in English. Gets confusing. Rocky

Reread second line of above.

Gotcha my dear. Sorry for misinterpreting. Sometimes it's easy to do when reading. When talking to someone it's much different.

Yes, that is sad. Seems that in too many localities, they just don't get it. It ain't important. Not in their little worlds. :(

Marion J Chard

Estimado Rocky:

Usted es un querido amigo, ningún asunto lo que idioma. Me encanto que usted esté aquí. Soy complacido muy que Watson está aquí también. Gracias para sus contribuciones a este sitio y su amistad.

Mucho Amor

Marion J Chard

Hi Watson: Welcome aboard the forum. Its great to have another line company dogface with us. I'm afraid I was with a different Division in WW 2. The 3rd Inf Div.

Keep on posting and to hell with spelling, punctuation, and typing mistakes. They dont

matter much anyway.. Yes Watson, I was a PFC Rifleman. And Roque, leg getting useable enough for a trip on the ATV back in the woods this afternoon for some more trail cleanp.

I will echo Joe's sentiments; we don't care about your grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. We are just very glad to have your here, so type away and we'll lend you our ears. We just want to hear about you! :pdt34: You're in good company here with all the other vets.

Marion J Chard

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THE WAR,I HAVE A LITTLE THING INSTANCE I WILL TELL ON MYSELF.

OUR DIVISION HAD ALREADY WENT INTO ROME,AND BEYOND.SOMETIME LATER IWAS GIVEN A FIVE DAY PASS TO GO BACK TO ROME. THEY HAD MADE MUSSILINI'S PALACE OVERLOOKING ROME OUR REST CENTER.ANOTHER GUY FROM MY COMPANY WAS WITH ME,SO WE CHECKED IN,AND WENT STRAIGHT TO ROME.

WE WENT TO A HOTEL AND RENTED IT FOR THE FIVE DAYS WE WERE GOING TO BE THERE,THE ROOM NOT THE HOTEL. WE LOOKED AT SOME OF THE SITES,AND VISITED A LOT OF THE BARS,WHEN IT WAS TIME TO GO BACK TO THE HOTEL,I ASK MY BUDDY WHAT THE NAME OF THE HOTEL AND THE STREET IT WAS ON.

HE DIDN'T REMEMBER AND NEITHER DID I. SO WE HAD TO GO RENT ANOTHER ROOM. MONEY WAS NO PROBLEM,YOU COULD BORROW FROM YOUR BUUDDIES ANYTIME YOU COULD GO ON A PASS. FOR YOU DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU WOULD EVER GET TO GO ON ANOTHER ONE.

I WONDER IF ROQUE EVER PULLED A STUNT LIKE THAT?

WATSON JONES

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  387th Engineer Battalion in Italy FSavage 3 3,424 04-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Last Post: FSavage
  WWII veteran recalls fighting at Cassino, Anzio Walt's Daughter 2 5,054 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Photo of 34th Monument - Italy - 2010 Walt's Daughter 0 3,389 08-24-2010, 09:01 AM
  Found!!!! Picture of my Father in Italy `44 Wendy 5 7,362 06-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Last Post: SonofaMP
  This Day in History - Italy March 12, 1944 Walt's Daughter 3 6,275 05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
  Cassino, Italy Walt's Daughter 16 15,570 09-12-2006, 11:58 PM
  The 88th in Italy Walt's Daughter 1 3,957 04-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Custermen