END OF TIME

END OF TIME

Four years ago to-day December 30, 2001—at 5 P.M. I went to our bed-room and said “ Honey supper is ready†, she did not move. I called our daughter Toni Ann that MOM will not answer me. She called our other daughter Terry .—57 years and our Lord took my love home—I think of her every day , you see she was my love. Some day I will see her again but it is hard.

Art (Micky called me “ROYâ€, that’s my middle name, Le Roy, )

Her famous words were “Roy you are going to make your-self sickâ€

post-11-1135935019_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   scan.jpg (Size: 417.44 KB / Downloads: 0)

I wish we could offer more words of comfort. :( It is so hard to lose a loved one, but even more hard during the holidays. Even more emotions to deal with because of Christmas and the New Year celebrations.

You are in our thoughts and prayers today, as areToni and Terry and the rest of your family. It isn't much, but here is a big Internet hug for you. :pal:

Love ya lots! :heartpump:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

ALONE FOR A LITTLE WHILE

When I see other aging couples, I wonder which one culd best make it alone. In the senior center where I go each day I see both men and women who have lost a spouse after 50 years of amrriage to the same person.

By far the women seem to handle it best. The few single men usually are quiet and non attentive.

3 of my older brothers all lost their wives first. Only one remarried... He had a large family and needed the help. His 2nd wife was a good mother to all his children.

The lesson is a wife and mother is gifted to handle a loss better.

Then we should remmeber it is only for a little while

I was very short with reply earlier. The why is easy. The why is because I don't even want to deal with it.

My husband and I were just discussing this, this evening. We have been married 23 years and can't imagine life without each other. To even minuetely think so is unspeakable. So I choose not to think it is even possible. I would be a basket case. So would he.

It is not that our hearts are not with you, but the fact that they are so close that...

We are blessed because we are of the same fabric and time.

Love you more than you can know. Love each other more than we can say...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's heartbreaking to loose a loved one and my heart goes out to you.

Here's an internet hug from me, until I get to give you a real one :D

Brooke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WINDS OF TIME Cadetat6 1 132,857 06-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926