My Chemical Romance

Okay, this may be a little different for some folks, but it is cool. I have a Teenage daughter so I have to be cool and watch the VH1 and MTV.

There is a rock group called My Chemical Romance and they have a song and video called Ghost of You. The video is set at a WW2 USO dance. The rock singers are the musians. The chorus of the song goes: "I'm never coming home, never coming home".

The scene switches back and forth to amphibious assault on Omaha beach---scenes right out of Saving Private Ryan. I thought the video used clips from SPR but there in the midst of it you can see the main character(wearing glasses).

The coolest shot is a view of the dance floor from above then an ocean wave washes in and some soldiers charge thru the dancers.

I looked for technical flaws. Its not bad. One difference from SPR, is when the camera pans inside the landing craft, you don't see any other ships in the ocean.

View video at: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/

Click on Media and select Ghost of You and the resolution. It is small video format; much easier to see on TV and much more details of the battle scenes.

Ah! Here is a trick. Right Click and select Zoom In. Then using the Hand mouse pointer, move the screen to the center of the window. IT won't let you enlarge the window but you can move the video clip to the center. That makes it larger but still not good resolution.

Also, look carefully at the patches. There is one 101st Airborne guy but I don't know if he is one of the main characters or not. (If it is then he shouldn't be landing on the beach.)

Pretty cool video but I'm not condoning this group.

Steve

Just had a moment to check it out. I think it's pretty cool. Of course I like anything that has to do with that era. Love the fact that they chose WWII and the USO as the theme.

Will look again later when I have more time.

Thanks! :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I have watched it several times on MTV and on their site. They could have easily made it into an anti-war statement but I don't see it as that at all. It is about young men going off to war, leaving their girls and their life on hold and facing death as bravely as they can.

Steve