WWII DOCUMENTARIES ON DVD

Sounds good, Jim! Thanks for keeping the eye out for me.

Brooke

Okay guys and gals, this is a really good deal!

http://www.dvdmegapacks.com/movies.php?movie=65

The entire set of Victory at Sea for $19.99! :drinkin:

For $39.99 you get

Victory at Sea

War in Europe

War in the Pacific

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

You can get that entire Victory At Sea DVD set brand new on ebay for as little as $6.88. That's what I paid for mine :) )

:woof: The Frugal War-may

PS- For other good values on WWII DVDS I have a few for sale now on ebay my damn self! :lol: Look under "Items by Seller" for brainbell_jangler...that's me! I have a brand new 26 episode set of "War In Europe" for $5.95

Thanks! :drinkin:

Got another one to recommend...over 11 Hours for just $9.99! So far I'm only on number four and have seen stuff that was not on my other DVDS. :pdt12:

post-24-1141238751_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG.jpg (Size: 240.99 KB / Downloads: 0)

Hey, lots of good stuff on the War in Europe DVD. Thanks again.

A few of my WWII buddies will be happy to know that it includes

SAN PIETRO

Been wanting to see that one and now I can. Yeah!

I now have

Victory at Sea

War in Europe

War in the Pacific

Jim, the one you just got a hold of looks very interesting. Maybe I'll pick that one up too. Now I'll just have to stop writing and working on my site and watch TV. Ya, right! :D

Marion J Chard

Marion,

I mailed you a little gift yesterday. It's a brand new copy of the History Channel program "The Conquerers- General Zhukov." I spaced-out and ordered 2 of 'em on 2 different days (the memory is going fast) instead of one. Consider it a thank you for maintaining this friendly and informative site.

That is all...

:pdt34::woof:

Gee, I am so touched by your kindness. Danka many times over :woof: Daddy. Can't wait to view it. You made my day! B)

Gee, I for one am glad your memory is failing. :lol::lol:

Marion J Chard

There are several very good multi-episode sets of WWII DVDS produced by the BBC (Besides The World at War), and you can find them by doing a search at Amazon.com or by emailing me B) . One is simply titled THE SECOND WORLD WAR, and there are twenty or so volumes. I own about half of them so far and have not been disappointed with any of the. I will post a picture for visual reference:

:woof:

post-24-1156016989_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG.jpg (Size: 294.36 KB / Downloads: 0)

Don't believe we have any of those. Dang, always something new to tease and tantalize us with. :lol:

Marion J Chard

:woof: Daddy:

Lee and I just finished watching GENERAL Zhukov. Excellent. Had only caught a part of it on the History Channel previously, so was glad to watch it in its entirety. Thanks, enjoyed it immensely.

Several things that really came across in the documentary:

• 1: He was a damn brilliant general
  • 2. The soviets had the power, the armament and the soldiers to kick some butt
  • 3. Stalin was a pompous jealous fool, who could have ruined the attack because he couldn't put those feelings aside
  • 4. The fire power in April across the Oder those first few days was astonishing. Over a million rounds in total!
  • 5. Even though Stalin tried to take the limelight away from him, in the long run after the SOB was dead, Stalin is remembered as a villain and murderer and guess who lives on in glory? General Zhukov
Well off to eat dinner. Made stuffed manicotti shells and the smell eminating from the kitchen is driving me nuts. Gotta go... :zelda:

:zelda:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Time to buy WWII Documentaries! afc7883 3 4,879 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: verow