WWII DOCUMENTARIES ON DVD

Can't forget Victory At Sea.

That one is on my Christmas list (just in case Santa's reading the forum...) Another good documentary film is "My Eyes were jumping- The Kindertransport." This is a very touching film about the "Kindertransport"...the jewish kids who were placed on trains to safety in England, by parents who were later to die by the hands of the nazis. This film was made in 1995, by the daughter of one of these "Kinderkids". Her mother was dying of breast cancer but wanted the daughter to be aware of her real jewish heritage, although she was (in her words) "not religious." Several Kindertransport kids are interviewed with their families.

:woof: Jim

Did not know about that one. I will try and get the chance to view it. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Your wish is my command...send me your address again please, and I'll loan it to you Marion :pdt34:

Jim :woof:

Hey thanks Jim. You're a real sweetheart.

My address is located on the main site under Contact, but I am placing it here too:

Marion Chard

PO Box 147

Alger, MI 48610-0147

:pdt20:

Marion J Chard

I read a book a few years ago that I got from the library about the kindertransport. How tough that must have been, I tried to imagine leaving home when I was that age. Awful.

Can't remember the name of the book or the author, I'm thinking it was a male, though.

Brooke

Yes, unimaginable.

Oh I don't mean to trivialize the moment, but I keep wanting to comment on your little chicken. It's adorable. :wub:

Marion J Chard

I goofed on the title. The correct title is: "My Knees Were Jumping" (not my EYES :wacko: ) and it is narrated by Joanne Woodward. I will get it in the mail tomorrow Marion, and PS....With all your good work on behalf of the WWII Veterans I would like for you to just consider this a little Christmas gift from :woof: which is yours to keep.

Merry Christmas!

:woof:

Geez Jim. I don't know what to say... Gosh, thank you, thank you. That is so very kind. I will treasure it always and everytime I watch it I will remember who it's from. :wub:

Hugs, M

Marion J Chard

For my Birthday, I recieved the BBC's history of WW2. It contains 12 disks that were all broadcast on the BBC. One of the disks is Nazi's ,A Warning from the Past. I recommend it highly!

For my Birthday, I recieved the BBC's history of WW2. It contains 12 disks that were all broadcast on the BBC. One of the disks is Nazi's ,A Warning from the Past. I recommend it highly!

I agree Jiggers, that is one of my favorites of that set :pdt34:

Jim :woof:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Time to buy WWII Documentaries! afc7883 3 4,958 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: verow