WWII DOCUMENTARIES ON DVD
Netflix is wonderful because you can get such a variety of DVD's, including great historical features. We'd be lost without it. Welcome to the club!
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thank You M! Can always count on you for a friendly reply :-) :thewoman:

Watched another one about the search for Joseph Mengele last night. He was among the most twisted and perverted that the Third Reich produced. He was a chilly reminder that a high IQ is not an indication of a person's inner soul or mental health... It mentioned the capture and subsequent trial and execution of Adolph Eichmann in 1960-1962. It donned on me today that this event was the first time I recall hearing details of Nazi War Crimes and being old enough (10) to understand the magnitude of the Holocaust.

I just finished watching my latest from Netflix. It is a documentary about a rural Tennessee towns attempt to learn and teach about the Holocoust. It is called Paper Clips and I really recommend renting it.

One of the VERY BEST WWII boxed sets: "World War II with Walter Cronkite" There are several versions available and they are all excellent, as you would expect from Walter Cronkite! :armata_PDT_37:

Dang, was this a timely post or what? You post this on the 16th and Walter passes away the next day. Whew!
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Dang, was this a timely post or what? You post this on the 16th and Walter passes away the next day. Whew!

Hello M1,

I wish I could claim some psychic ability for this, but it's merely a time zone glitch...I posted this one after the post about his death today (yesterday).I have been watching the Cronkite DVDS tonight since I learned of his death and felt they deserved a plug. :armata_PDT_37:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Time to buy WWII Documentaries! afc7883 3 4,878 12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: verow