Charles D Guy - 180th Inf G Co

ok lets see where do I start ........The NPRC knows nothing of my father records must of gotten burned in that fire.So the only thing I know for sure is what little bit I have, which of course they made copies of for themselves.Thou when my sister called to see if she could get anywheres they said they were sent to Pa. in 1971 Then at a later date they were shipped to Mn.?but I could of swore that fire was in 72 . :banghead::banghead: God only knows why but with all that traveling seems like they wouldnt of been in the fire , So ok next on list was the medals.ok they are willing to give me a replacement set but even thou the paper says they have them and they are being sent it will be sometime late next year :pdt33: ??? huh i guess snail mail is really getting slow dont ya think ??????Sorry just needed to vent somewheres before my head explodes .so ok i resign on finding out any more on the first tour cuz i know more then them on that one .but then my father reupped n thats all i have on that one entry date and served til date nothing else.ummm maybe noone with named hubbard throu z served in ww ll ya think :banghead: Sorry if I offeneded anyone with that I dont mean to but I also know another WW ll vet that cant even get military benifits for serving in WW ll because like my dad his records no longer exist so that must mean he doesnt nor did either .ok i better get off here for a bit before i get myself kicked right out of this site .I really am sorry if i offended anyone i dont and didnt mean to thanks for just letting me vent .

First off my friend, DO NOT APOLOGIZE for being frustrated. You owe no one an apology and trust me, many people here feel like you do, or at least did at one time.

Sorry you've had to experience any of that, but you are not alone. I know that doesn't make you feel any better. :banghead:

The fire occured in 1973. That date is drilled into my head, believe me!

Secondly, I think you need to leave that part behind and take the next step. You will only get more flustered if you dwell on this. So let's see if I can help you. You need to do the following...

First off contact someone from the 45th Infantry Division, preferably someone from his regiment, the 180th. Here is a good start:

180th Reg - 45th Inf Div

Mr. Patrick Sbarra

220 Brainard Ave

Cape May Point NK 08212

609-884-6652

45th Inf Div - WWII - Korea

Mr. Raul Trevino

2145 NE Street

Oklahoma City OK 73111

210-681-9134

You need to get a hold of rosters, etc. and focus your research there. I'm sure they will be able to help you, or point you to others that you can talk to.

Next, you may want to contact the National Archives in St Louis and Maryland. Please note that you can go there yourself, have them copy some records for you, contact a research student or hire a private researcher to retrieve records for you. I am not going to go in depth right here, because I've gone over this in many previous posts. I also have info regarding this in the RESEARCH SECTION on this forum. I urge you to take a look there and then feel free to get back to me with further questions.

I have recently hired a private researcher and she is currently gathering records for me this week. :pdt34:

I hope I have helped you. Now take a deep breath... ;)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Just for kicks, here are some more DUI pins for units of the

45th Infantry Division from my collection.

Steve

189 Field Artillery Battalion

DUI_189FA_45ID.jpg

120 Medical Battalion

DUI_120Med.jpg

"We Do"

120 QuarterMaster Company

DUI_120QM_45ID_Peace-Progress.jpg

"Peace - Progress"

Ahhh..... the fire. :banghead:

My grandpa sent a request for all his stuff and got a letter back apologizing that his records had burned up in the "fire".

Brooke

:banghead: Is right!

If your grandfather ever received any benefits from the VA, then they will have a copy of his records in the state where he resided. That is where I got my father's discharge docs. The state of Michigan was great. I got the records within two weeks.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Info - Charles U Culmer Enrico 18 16,356 09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter