Aviation Days

I lost this bit of nostalgia and missed it till just the other day. I tried all the old URL's with no success, then went basic and WALLAH!!!, there it was. If you like a good story with simple , but haunting music, give it a try.

It is about John Christian, in his own mastery of words, who as a boy, loved airplanes. He enlisted in the WWII cadet program with hopes of becomming a P-51 fighter pilot and eventially getting into Aeronautical Engineering, but someone had other plans for him. Which proves; you never know where you're going till you get there.

Give it a try. Enter aviatian days by john cristian

click search

click on #4

Let me know

chucktoo -o-

Yes a good one. We have John's site on our links page. John and I keep in touch from time to time.

http://christian-john.com/

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Every one should tune in on John Christian. It is a story about our Romantic Generation. John goes through a cadet life in the service. I met John three years ago , as we were both going through cadet training. We have kept in contact each year. John is now a retired missionary with wife and two children. Last July I talked to him on the phone and his computer had a bad virus. It seems it is OK now.

cadetat6 Art

Here I am, replying to my own post. You mean to tell me that there is only two Air Corps men on Marion's site. Maybe you are afraid to shed a tear or two when listening to that soulful music that john has accompanying him on his journey through Cadet training. If any of you out there are X Air Corps fliers, give it a try, and watch the memories come flooding back. And wath your feeling of pride place goosebumps on your skin. I didn't get to fly, but I sure as hell honor you who did.

Search for ----- aviation days by john christian and click on #4

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberation days sixgun 7 8,021 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Naval Aviation News Magazines - 1943-1949 Walt's Daughter 0 1,941 10-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Back to my days as a Combat Engineer twobisquit 1 2,666 03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Hilter's Last Days Walt's Daughter 1 79,795 05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Reg from the Bulge