M1 Garand

Hey a friend stopped by last night and Lee was telling him that I loved to shoot some WWII guns, well... No problem he said, come on by some time, I'm an instructor and she can shoot an M1 Garand. Too cool! :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I would take up that offer to shoot the m1 as soon as possible,Marion.Take something like a towel or some thing to use as a recoil pad. you might enjoy a few more rounds that way. Also , I bet I speak for everyone here....We all want to see pictures.

A local automatic weapons club is meeting today and will rent to the public.This might be my chance to fire a BMG.I'll keep you all posted.

I got a pretty wide range of rifles and hand guns in my collection , Martin.I think I would have to say that my Rugers are my favorites.I have taken more big game with a Ruger #1 in 25-06. Lately I have been playing around with a Marlin 45-70.

I am more of a wheelgun fan for handguns and like the .45 Colt Blackhawk but carry the Smith and Wesson .44 in bear country.

I believe that American history is tied directly to fire arm developement and technology. Kentucky long rifles, Colt,Winchester, Sharps Browning,Krag,and Garand, all have their corresponding eras in American historyIn my perspective they form America's timeline.

Will talk guns any time.I'd like to hear more on your collection and experiences in Europe.

This might be my chance to fire a BMG
Do you mean 50 BMG????

Wow I wish I could shoot one time with a 50 BMG,I've shot German mg 34 and 42 those German mg's were real killers the 34 shoots around 1200 rpm and the 42 even 14oo rpm, the British Bren mg was a good weapon to shoot around 700 rpm "not sure about", I was able to hit the target at 400 meter with 3-4 shot burst.

I do not hunt because over here you need a Hunting permission and to get it you have to go to school to learn everything about the woods the animals and and and, but when I'm honest the first reason I didn't tried to get the permission I'm to soft for killing those animals.-o-

But I'm not against hunting not at all it's just not my thing :pdt:

My collection is pretty small now but there were a time I had 47 guns, I'm a wheelgun fan to the only pistol I like is the 1911 in 45 acp I bought one 2 years ago for 400 bucks it was a from a collection only minor scratches but never shoot I tried it once it's a tuck driver shoot there where you aim, I put it in my bedroom safe just in case of...

My favorite rifles are the Garand and M14 but for match shooting I'll take the AR15 because it's accurate light cheap on powder and doesn't kick like a mule.

Now I only own 1 ruger rifle the ac 5.56 it's the fullauto mini 14, I sold an gp 100 in 357 magnum 6 or 7 years ago.

I read an article in the American Rifleman about the Ruger 50th Anniversary .44 Magnum "Flattop" New Model Blackhawk and I got the bug I'll see to get one I realy like that kind of wheelguns.

Here a funny link for the gunners between us ah sigh I wish I had been born in the USA.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=58...686068870249151

Martin

OK Martin...

I passedup the 50 bmg to fire a .30 Browning air cooled. I also fired 50 rounds through a Thompson. I chose the 30 because that's what my Dad fired.His discharge papers say #1 Light Machine gun.

I fired 250 rounds through the .30. I shot at empty propane bottles at 100 yards and had them flying in all directions Nine hours later my adrenalin level is still up there. I have a few questions about the German mg's you fired.

We also had old cars etc to shoot at.

Joe...

I think I would be pretty good with a thompson after a couple thousand rounds I liked the feelof a tommy gun

post-11-1149469657_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   shoot_resized.jpg (Size: 46.9 KB / Downloads: 0)

Here's a great archived instruction video on the Garand. It's from 42-43 and is from the army's training films. This film is public domain and can be copied.

http://www.archive.org/details/Rifle_Marks...M1_Rifle_Part_1

Here is an instruction manual too that is in PDF format:

http://www.archive.org/details/How_to_Shoo...e_US_Army_Rifle

:pdt40:

Marion J Chard

post-256-1183489685_thumb.jpgpost-256-1183482567_thumb.jpg

Here's a great archived instruction video on the Garand. It's from 42-43 and is from the army's training films. This film is public domain and can be copied.

http://www.archive.org/details/Rifle_Marks...M1_Rifle_Part_1

Here is an instruction manual too that is in PDF format:

http://www.archive.org/details/How_to_Shoo...e_US_Army_Rifle

:pdt40:

HI GUYS,

HERE'S THE LOVE OF MY LIFE...MOOSES M-1 GARAND. OLD SPECK 1954.

Attached Files
.jpg   garand_003.jpg (Size: 1.41 MB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   garand_001.jpg (Size: 1.82 MB / Downloads: 0)

Hi,

Well, I had the chance to fire the M1 Garand too and I loved it.

It kicks but if you handle it properly, it is bearable. :pdt12:

I had a Springfield 45, but had to sell it due to the risk with the kids of my ex-girlfriend around (from her former marriage). :pdt33:

It is like a Colt 45 and I really loved firing it at the gun club.

My friend had a Beretta Brigadier (if I remember the name correctly) which was nice too, but I loved that 45.

One day, I hope to get the chance of obtaining a Colt 45 again.

I hope to be able to try out an STG44 (Sturmgewehr) one day.

That'll make my day.

Erwin

If I may say so, she is a beauty and I can see why thee is smiten with her. :wub:

post-256-1183482567_thumb.jpg

HI GUYS,

HERE'S THE LOVE OF MY LIFE...MOOSES M-1 GARAND. OLD SPECK 1954.

Marion J Chard

:armata_PDT_37: Looks great that Garand and a very nice stock. Is the stock from the aftermarket or an original?

On the photo it's me with one of my beauty's at the range :heartpump:

Erwin if I had knew it earlier I would have kept my Stg 44 for you but I sold it some time ago with a lot others :banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:

post-37-1183621583_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   107_0712_IMG.JPG (Size: 97.26 KB / Downloads: 0)

:armata_PDT_37: Looks great that Garand and a very nice stock. Is the stock from the aftermarket or an original?

On the photo it's me with one of my beauty's at the range :heartpump:

Erwin if I had knew it earlier I would have kept my Stg 44 for you but I sold it some time ago with a lot others :banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:

HI MARTIN,

THE 'TIGER' STOCK IS OFF MY OLD M1, I SWAPPED OVER WHEN SELLING IT TO MAGIC. I BOUGHT MY NEW MI FOR £500,

AND SOLD MY MY OLD ONE FOR £400, NOW OLD SPECK MI's ARE GOING FOR £1,OOO UPWARDS.