M1 Garand

rennog: Slight difference in opinion here on owning weapons. As a country boy I was brought up with guns since I could manage to keep it from dragging in the dirt. During

our big depression here from 1929-1939 they kept meat on the table around here.

They were a tool and one cherishes good tools. Yes, I carried a M-1 rifle and later a

Thompson SMG in Infantry combat, Again, they were necessary tools of keeping alive.

And many times I cussed their weight and the weight of of the ammo carried. But, I

was not "turned off" by them. Fact is, after wars end a few of us "country boys" enjoyed our hunting in Germany while waiting to go home.. Our cooks also enjoyed

cooking up a company meal of German raebucks (deer) for the company after a hunt.

Fact is, even to this day I still shoot at our club range, and have a 40 ft. range in my

basement for handguns and light rifle shooting. Also do all my own reloading for rifles,

handguns, and shotguns. I have shot in competition till about 6 years ago and since

then just for enjoyment due to age. Hopefully enclosing a pic of some of my longuns.

The handguns I deep in a file cabinet mostly. I still find it a enjoyable hobby. Our laws

here are not too restrictive as yet. Joe

post-11-1148574018_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   longuns.jpg (Size: 24.16 KB / Downloads: 0)

Dear j3rdinf,

You're my men :D till 2 years ago I shoot competition to and reloaded all my ammo myself, now with 3 Kids an old House I haven't enough time for competition.

You have quite a collection of long guns there I'm just missing an M14 in the row.

On the left in the picture is that a competition barrel for the M16 or Ar15?

Over here in Luxembourg you need permission from the government to own and buy guns and for shooting you must go to an enclosed range, no full auto shooting is allowed but you can own fullauto guns, I own a full auto UZI, M14, RUGER AC556 and an AFN. (Same typ as the SAFN from FN just in auto)

I had several MG's but sold them sometime ago :( and I should not have do that but now it's to late :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wish I had a range in my basement I can shoot with my airrifle there but not more, I'm definitely born in the wrong country!

Did you come through Luxembourg during the War?

Here a pic. of one of my safe's I like to display the rifles on the wall but I think it's better to keep them away from the Kids.

post-11-1148579888_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1100_r1.JPG (Size: 65.35 KB / Downloads: 0)

Joe said:

Fact is, even to this day I still shoot at our club range, and have a 40 ft. range in my basement for handguns and light rifle shooting.

Wow! Cool! But those basement ranges don't circulate the air enough for me to shoot my Black Powder guns.

Love that Nylon 22 and a couple of ole 22 pump actions.

But what is the 2nd one down on the Left? A Chinese rifle?

Steve

Yes, you guys are right. It is a competion setup for the AR-15. 1 in 8 twist barrell for the .223 Siera 69 gr. match bullets. Can only be used in Target Rifle Class, for Service

rifle class I ran stock G.I. parts (modified for legality). And yes that is a Chineese SKS

(7.62 X 30 ). Also correct, damn it I sold my Match Grade Springfield M1A1. It was

not my favorite rifle though. Somehow we never hit it off too well together. That is why it is missing. Enclosing pic of my main reloading bench. Somehow we 3 should get

together, even via E mail for a good bull session. Joe

post-11-1148668398_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   reloading.jpg (Size: 23.4 KB / Downloads: 0)

If you are talking to me, well, I don't Re-Load::::unless you count Muzzle-Loading.

:D

Yes, you guys are right.  It is a competion setup for  the AR-15.  1 in 8 twist barrell for the .223 Siera 69 gr. match bullets.  Can only be used in Target Rifle Class,  for Service

rifle class I ran stock G.I. parts (modified for legality).  And yes that is a Chineese  SKS

(7.62  X 30 ).  Also correct, damn it  I sold my Match Grade  Springfield M1A1.  It was

not my favorite rifle though.  Somehow we never hit it off too well together.  That is why it is missing.  Enclosing pic of my main reloading bench.  Somehow we 3 should get

together, even via E mail for a good bull session.    Joe

Hi Joe! Just saw and read the collection you have. I know you are very

proud of it. And I fully understand why ,your love for guns and rifles. But

me being a city born and bred hot tamale you know guns were taboo.

So my only time with them or I should say 2, Springfield '03 and the M-1

not the carabine. WAS YOU KNOW WHERE. Joe like I told you before, our distance is to great and

OUR AGE is not on our side.. Hell in Aug. I'll hit 84 and it still seems like

a lifetime away. So buddy keep enjoying your God given love for your

pastime and that goes for the others that share your love for the sport.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,JOE.......Roque

Dear Joe your loading bench looks darn good to me :clappin: , mine is a bit smaller but big enough to stay in business like you I use Lee RCBS Redding and Lyman dies.

:banghead: I owned a Russien SKS too from the fifties but sold it years ago.

My M1A is not my favorite shooter too I shoot pretty good with it but I like more my AR15, I don't know but it's easier to make the points with the AR15.

You know what when I'm back from the cemetery this afternoon I'll hit the range and smoke some 22's and 44's. :rolleyes:

post-11-1148718000_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   106_0676_IMG.JPG (Size: 156.38 KB / Downloads: 0)

Maybey we should have Marion rename this the reloaders forum :rolleyes: I have had a few health problems and havent had a chance to organize my reloading room yet so Im usig an old microwave cart,some book cases and an old desk .I like the midway freestanding press mount and will probley incorporate it into the scheme.Ive downloaded your pictures to help me out with the design.I guess I should move the reloading room up the priority list but that would cut into the reloading time.

When I got home from the hospital after the accident last fall, I decided I would try to do some reloading. It took me about a week to reload the first 25. then I loaded over 100 in about 3 days. The rehab people were suprised at how well I was coming along. that was 7 months ago and I have reloaded several thousand rounds since. Here' my corner of the house

post-11-1148948270_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   reload_001.jpg (Size: 22.09 KB / Downloads: 0)

Chris I am so happy to see that your hobby is helping you with your return to health. As far as the forum name... :lol::lol: God bless all of you. I'm happy to have you here.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:D Chris your corner looks good to and like Marion I'm glad that it helps you to get back in good health.

What is your favorite shooting Rifle or Handguns?

I guess it's rifle because I only see rifle ammo in your shelf.

Have a nice Weekend you all :pdt34:

Martin