Honoring the 291st

My name is Stephen Keith. I live in Pembroke, NH. I collect US Historic Military Vehicles (HMVs) from WW2.  I have been fascinated by the heroic work done by these men in WW2. A number of years I had a phone conversation with Col Pergrin. Because I have quite a 'few' of these HMVs, I had the need to label the front bumpers with a unit and other information. In honor of the actions of the 291st, I have labeled all that could have used by the 291st as belonging to the 291st. In my conversation with Col Pergrin, I told him that I had done this and thanked him and all under his command. I sent him a picture of some of my HMVs so labeled. He was quite happy that I am doing this and as I add to my collection, I will continue to label them as 291st. I cannot think of any other outfit that I would be more proud to represent!

deuce and jeep at circle 9 lores.JPG

Attached Files
.jpg   deuce and jeep at circle 9 lores.JPG (Size: 43.27 KB / Downloads: 0)

That is so cool. I too talked to the Colonel on a couple of occasions. He was such a gracious man. Before he hung up he said that he'd like to honor my father and was proud of his service with the 540th Engineers. I'll never forget that. He also signed books for me, which I proudly display in my library. What an honor to get to know him.

Welcome the forum and thanks for all you do for our "boys"!!!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

George R. Moore

PFC, USA, Co A, 1252nd Combat Engineer Bn., 3rdArmy

Jeep Driver, Built Bridges, Foxhole Duty Battle of the Bulge

Appearing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum (MAAM.ORG) GIANT airshow in Reading PA

June 7 - 8 - 9, 2019

I am going and hope to meet him!

Please send him my regards. I hope you get to meet him and get some pics. Please post if you do. Would love to honor him on our site! 

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Will do

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daughter of an Engineer William (nmi) Carr in the 291st Co B Combat Engineers Hello Everone! blueshockeynut 34 26,664 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Curlock
  Robert E Waters 291st Combat Engineer Bn golfersa 2 3,991 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: golfersa