Cape Cod Military Museum

Oh My Gosh! Where do I start to thank you for all of this information! I had both eyes dilated this afternoon and then had eye surgery at 4 PM. So, things are a bit blurry right now. I am VERY excited to go through all of the postings that you put up here. Tomorrow, I will be up early to dive into this information. I purchased your DVD. I also tried to call you using the number,which didn't go through. (Not a problem).I am so energized by these postings. I also have some ideas about utilizing your production company in the future. I will post more, very soon, re things that I have found and what you have posted here. Again, Thank you very much!

You have also made my day. I look forward to hearing from you after you have had a chance to digest all the info. Hope you are feeling better. :-)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hello Marion,

I received my copy of "No Bridge too far", in today's mail. I just finished viewing it a few minutes ago and have one word to describe it. MAGNIFICENT! You are totally amazing. All of your work in assembling every detail has my darn near speechless.

I spent most of today in Fall River, MA at Battleship Cove. They have an LCM there on shore that I went onto and took several photos of. The LCM (Landing Craft Mechanized) was what the Amphibious Engineers used to transport Tanks or Trucks to shore from the transports. They were also used with the early Landing Craft Personnel (LCP) and the Landing Craft Personnel Ramp (LCP-R of LCPR) that preceded the Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel (LCVP) that were built by the Higgins Boat Company in New Orleans, as well as many other boatyards all over the USA. We have a WWII DUKW Amphibious Truck at our Museum and they have one as well. I made some really good contacts there, which I will be working with, on future projects, beneficial to both Battleship Cove and the Cape Cod Military Museum. I have been going over all of the links that you posted here for me and cannot thank you enough. You have put faces and identities to the brave men like you Father, that trained and served overseas during WWII. As you know, many people today do not know of the Engineers pr their service. Like you, I see it as my mission to help to educate people as to the service and sacrifices that men like your Father made during WWII. Their story needs to be promoted as you know. I can't wait to see your next installment of their story and look forward to contributing to it in any and all ways that I can. Thank you again,

Jack

Dear Jack:  Once again you have made my day, oh heck my week! I read your review twice and then read it out loud to my husband. All I can say is thank you and you are very welcome. It was a complete labor of love, done on a very small budget and took over a year to complete in my home office. May I use your review on my site, etc? I would be honored.

I am receiving financial backing this year, in order to complete the documentary, so am quite thrilled and excited about the prospects. It has sat in limbo for far too long.

Would love to visit your museum one day and will look forward to it.

Kindly,

Marion J Chard

Marion, it is I that would be honored to have you post my review! I look forward to assisting you in any way possible. I have an e-mailed Cape Cod Museum Newsletter that I want to share with you. I will send it to you for your interest. We are on Facebook (Cape Cod Military Museum) and are online (WWW.capecodmilitarymuseum.org). We share our Museum with the Bourne Historical Society here in Bourne, MA (right on the Cape Cod Canal).

Thank you!!!!!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction - 210th Military Police Company WWII Krogh Feuerborn 1 3,334 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Francorchamps, Belgium, European Center of Military History kenwaltzer 4 5,145 07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter