105th Engineers veterans

I was wondering if anybody knows if there are still veterans alive who served in the 105th Engineer Battalion, 30th Infantry Division. I met veterans from the 117th, 119th and 120th Infantry Regiments but was hoping to get in touch with at least one veteran of the 105th as well. (If you know other veterans of the 30th I would like to get in touch as well ;)  )

Regards,

Frank

Hello

I have studied the 30th Division quite a bit, especially its activities during the November 1944 Offensive in and around Mariadorf and the coal mine area Mariagrube.  In fact, I am still seeking first hand accounts of the attack.

Unfortunately, I have just checked my file on the 105th and find that the most recent correspondence is dated  1983 and one exchange in 1993.  From my own experience (my Dad was a member of the 978th Engineer Maintenance Company attached to the XIXth Corps at that time and has passed away)  most of these men are most likely deceased.

Have you tried the 30th Infantry Division Association on-line?  Be careful that it is the 'real' site;  there IS a site for reenactors.

I wish I could be of more help.  But if you would like to share information, let me know at:  tpsnell@gmail.com

Hello Theron, Yes I have and I have been in touch With Mr. Frank Towers in the past. I know there were 2 groups of veterans so I was wondering if somebody knows or knew men from the other veterans group. If I find something I will let you know

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Engineer Special Brigade Veterans Association Walt's Daughter 2 4,455 06-16-2017, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Military Magazine looking for true stories from veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,160 05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter