294th Combat Engineers

Photo from March 17,1945 - Third Platoon of Company C.  The picture was taken just before the building of the bridge across the Rhine River at Bad-Gadsberg.  I do not have the names of all of the people but this is what I do have:  Kneeling from left to right:  Sgt. Charles Polite, New York; Tony Alves, New Jersey; Lawrence Weber, New York; Frank Linardi, New York; Manuel Pacheco, Mass; Laird Cogley, Penn.; John Marshall, New Jersey; Norbert Lukesewski; Richard Korte, MO; Lawrence Figueirede, New York, Frank Moore, New Jersey, Sam Blum, New Jersey, Francis McGonigle, Del.; PFC. Wellander, Iowa, Howard Weaver, New Jersey, Robert Whitmore, MO.  Joseph Boyle, New Jersey, Neil Sharkey, New Jersey; Frank Schleicher, New Jersey; Casper Urbanek, Penn.; Ralph Ippolito, New York.  Standing from the left:  S/Sgt. Robert Kratzer, Ohio; Jacob Muth, New Jersey; Lt. William Abbotts, New Jersey; Frank Leonard, New Jersey; Michael DeEsposito, New Jersey; William Cuilson, Mo.; John Gazorian, New York; Charles Thomas, Iowa.  My dad (Bill Rupp) is standing sixth from the right.

Rupp001.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Rupp001.jpg (Size: 2.45 MB / Downloads: 1)

Excellent. Welcome to the forum. Great photograph and so nice that you have names of most of them. I hope others will spot this and see a name of a relative. Forums are a wonderful place for people to share and for others to discover.

I have to run, as I have an appointment in a few minutes, but I look forward to talking with you. 

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  157th Combat Engineers photos from Andrew G Holman's collection ste21886 12 14,800 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter