1281st Engineers

My dad was in world war 2. I have tried to find information on the battalion he served in and can't find any. His records and the canteen I have( he carved all the cities and countries that he was in) says 1281st engineer battalion. I would love to find out more information, if you can help me I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you,
Kathryne Bailey

Okay, here we go...

There is a memoir by William Wallace but you cannot read it here. It simple lists that there is such a book.

Yes, I did find a site where supposedly you can download the E-book, but it looked very suspicious, for the site had all kinds of horrible grammatical errors, etc. DO NOT try to download the book from them! When you click on the link from Ebookdownload.com, it then tells you that you have to become a member to see the book and that takes you the questionable site. Be forewarned!

This is a link to an obit, and some of you probably wonder why I bother posting these, but sometimes people contact the families of the deceased veterans to obtain info. Many have been successful. http://henkeclarson.com/fred-albert-wallmuth/

Found this book called My War by Wilford R. Gardner

Here's another archived site for My War

At this point I would strongly suggest that you contact the Office of History and/or contact NARA in St Louis to obtain the unit records. Please see my Research guidelines.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,887 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter