Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div - latest info Aug 2015

The other day I received a newsletter from Patrick Skelly, webmaster/historian of the 34th Inf Div. While I was scrolling through, I saw their section where they bid farewell to the members of their unit. It got me to thinking, why not ask Pat about Rocky. So many people including myself, were and are wondering what happened to him. It's like he fell off the face of the earth.

Many of you will remember him and/or have seen his many posts on this forum. He also has a memoir page on our main site.

I have tried calling, writing snail-mail letters and emailing, but to no avail. Others haven't been able to reach him either.

Well, after contacting Pat, he gave me the following information:

Marion,
Roque is, for now, out of direct reach, at present he is in a "foster care" home/facility. . One of our members is keeping in touch with his family. I'm sure that I will get reports if there is any change, and I will pass these along to you.
Well or not, prayers are always in order for all our veterans
- Pat

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thank you for this information Marion. My thoughts are with Mr. Rojas.

I am wondering if that will be the Patrick Skelly I met twice in our village (2009 and September of last year)

I am sure it is one and the same. He has been doing this for years, and he was one of my first contacts.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's good to finally hear something. I hope he gets to feeling better. I've missed being able to chat with him. The last time I was at the WWII memorial in D.C., I gave him a call. It was good to talk.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-discovering Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div? Walt's Daughter 7 9,684 10-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell - Joseph R. Piche - 34th Inf Div -175 FA Walt's Daughter 0 2,354 12-20-2011, 01:37 PM
  Jerry Gorden - webmaster 34th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 11 11,592 02-17-2007, 01:00 PM
  Condelences to Rocky and his family Walt's Daughter 28 25,309 11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Onaway417