5th Engineer Special Brigade

Clarkgal,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Grandpa!

Jean

Amen to that. Such a difficult thing to go through. So many of us have been there and done that, so feel your heartache. :armata_PDT_23:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well... Sadly, my precious Grandpa left this earthly world late Wednesday night, the 9th of December. He just turned 91 last month. My sweet Great Aunt Jane, that served with him, cried beside his casket saying, "Now I can't protect you. I can't keep you safe anymore." She turned 94 in June and joined the army as a nurse to 'take care of' her baby brother. The service was beautiful. We had family from New York, California, New Mexico, Texas, and all over Oklahoma. Friends and family told stories about him and I got to learn a lot about him in his younger years. He left a positive impression on everyone he came in contact with. Rest in peace sweet Grandpa of mine! :smwave:

I am SO sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family on this huge loss. He sounded like such a great person and I hope you will find comfort in all the things that were said to you and yours about your Grandpa. Yes, he left a wonderful impression on everyone and that will never be forgotten. He will also live on, on this forum, thanks to you.

Here's to your grandpa! :14_2_107:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,592 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  monument of the 6th engineer special brigade Herman 4 9,627 06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Last Post: verow
  Engineer Special Brigade Big Pete 15 20,136 08-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Bob M