1st Engineer Special Brigade Veterans Association

Received this from my a friend who is a researcher.

Dear Mrs. Chard,
I hope this e-mail finds you well & enjoying a warm summer season. My e-mail to you is in regard to the 1st Engineer Special Brigade.
Have you any knowledge of a 1st Engineer Special Brigade Veterans Association? I need to contact someone with FACTS as per the history of the 1st Engineer Special Brigade.
Thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
Richard V. Horrell
WW 2 Connections
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

My father was Unit Historian of the 1st Engineer Special Brigade Association from around 1978 until he passed away in 2002. About 2005, I decided to try to determine if the Association still existed; I looked up all the officers; they had all passed away, or letters to them were returned to sender. I did receive a notice of a 2003 Reunion (in St Paul, as I recall). These talks about more recent ones:

http://www.myguidon.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7529

http://www.longshoresoldiers.com/2011/09/wwii-port-company-reunions.html

that I was unaware of, but have no contacts listed. So, I have to conclude there is no group left, although you can call someone at the Engineer Museum at Fort Leonard Wood to see if they know.

If you are still registered and have any specific questions, please post them and I'll try to answer them. I have unit rosters and some other information on casualties from my father, as well as unit history information. Thank you!

Thanks Chris!  I hope you will get some response. We've had good luck reaching out to folks.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vintage WWII British Mk IV Special T Mic respirator mask: Walt's Daughter 0 1,934 09-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  105th Engineers veterans Frank Gubbels 2 3,398 11-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Military Magazine looking for true stories from veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,157 05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
  393rd Special Services/General Services Big Pete 18 20,983 08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
  704th Tank Destroyer Bn Association Big Pete 11 15,230 12-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704