Save the "Nuts" Cave

Dear Friends,

A few weeks back, a petition was launched to save the military barracks at Bastogne. I want to emphasize that YOUR support is more than ever necessary and that the petition is legit. History repeats itself. Due to some announced major cutbacks at Defense, just like five years ago, again the city is at risk to lose one of its most Historical Markers. Now functioning as a depot/museum for the Royal Military Museum in Brussels, the Caserne Heintz served as an American Aid Station in WWII where more than a thousand US soldiers were treated from wounds and frostbite. The famous Colonel Robert Sink had set up his Head Quarters (Hq) here during the first week of the Siege but the barracks are mostly known as the Hq of Brigadier-General Anthony C McAuliffe, who, at his office, replied NUTS! to the German ultimatum to surrender during the Battle of the Bulge.

29.000 people have visited the Bastogne Barracks in 2014. Many Americans, veterans and their families have receive a warm welcome here and endured a unique experience.

One hundred thousand signatures are NEEDED to fight against a possible permanent lock down. We need your support to save and preserve an very important piece of Belgian, European and World History.

Please take a minute to read the petition, subscribe it and forward it to your entire address book and beyond….

LETS GO VIRAL and SAVE THE NUTS CAVE !!!!

Thank you,

Reg

https://www.change.org/p/mr-steven-vandeput-please-do-not-close-the-army-base-at-bastogne-but-keep-it-as-wwii-battle-of-the-bulge-historical-remembrance-site?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=new_petition_recruit#share

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I added my signature to this yesterday. An important part of WW2 that should never be forgotten!

Colin. :smwave:

Thanks for doing that. Would be nice if we could get all our forum members to join in. Won't you please???????

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I did mine!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heroic German officer killed in a minefield trying to save an American Walt's Daughter 0 2,382 06-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The "NUTS" cave - Help preserve a piece of history Walt's Daughter 12 11,763 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  World War 2 In A Cave (little Tour) Frank Gubbels 0 3,702 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels