Finally wrote a bio for my father...

While I have an entire page and site dedicated to my father, I never actually had written a BIO for him. So after being contacted my Peter Minix, (a trustee for the Patton Museum who wanted to submit my father's history to the them), I finally did it.

Tec/5 Walter "Monday" Poniedzialek - bio

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I also updated his entire page. It's been a long time and definitely needed revamping.

Walter Poniedzialek - 540th Combat Engineer

Marion J Chard

He was of course very special to you Marion, but he has become special to us as well as members of your website. Without him I would not be here and a whole chunk of my recent life would be missing all my 36th and other friends, especially the reunions in the USA.

Colin.

Ya, that is so true. It's incredible when you think about it that way. This one man touched so many lives, and he is not even of this earth. Because of him, I know you. Because of him, I have friends all over the world. Because of him, we have put so many people together and back together. Because of him, my life and the lives of so many have been affected in a wonderful way. I could go on and on and on.

:clappin2:

Marion J Chard

Marion, this is the MOST EXQUISITE thing I will ever read!!!

I would love to be able to read it in book form.... and carry it with me to read at all the right time and places!

With great respect, admiration, and gratitude,

Jean Alice

I can do that for you. I will put everything on the page into a PDF. How's that for service?! :pdt12:

And BTW, thank you for your compliments.

Marion J Chard

Jean, I converted the web page into a PDF for you. Please see attachment. Again, thank you for your interest and your compliments on my writing.

Walter Poniedzialek 540th Combat Engineer History - exported from his website.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Walter Poniedzialek 540th Combat Engineer History - exported from his website.pdf (Size: 217.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Marion, Thank You - now I can carry it with me!

Incidentally, I wondered about so many of things you shared with us in this story. What a tragedy to lose him so young and you so young!

Jean Alice

Obviously you go on with your life, but I never really got over it. How can you? There isn't a day that I don't think of him.

You know how sometimes when you look back at things and people when you were young, and wonder if it's just childhood over-imagination? Well I started wondering that about my dad. Was I making him into a super hero, or looking at him with rose colored glasses? Well I wasn't. For everyone I've talked to since he has passed, has had nothing but praise for him. That includes family and his friends. So the person I thought he was; he was!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest including news about my father Walt's Daughter 34 40,084 04-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Putting members together - Happy Father's Day! Walt's Daughter 0 3,958 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter