The Illustrated 70th Anniversary Archive Ed. - The Longest Day

Dear Marion J Chard:

My name is Paul Kalis, and I’m with Barron’s Educational Series. After coming across your website, I was impressed by your passion for the history of D-Day and WWII. I wanted to let you know about an incredible new edition to our critically acclaimed library; The Illustrated 70th Anniversary Archive Edition of Cornelius Ryan’s classic, The Longest Day.

Widely considered to be the most important book on D-Day ever written, The Longest Day has sold tens of millions of copies in 18 different languages, and inspired a star-studded 1962 film by the same name. This new collector's edition of The Longest Day commemorates the 70th anniversary of the invasion with previously unpublished printed and audio archive material. Inside the beautifully designed slipcase, readers will find an unabridged reprint of the classic text, 120 meticulously researched photographs of D-Day, plus 30 previously unseen and unpublished removable facsimile documents from Ryan’s own archive, including:

• Eisenhower’s handwritten note, taking responsibility if the D-Day landings failed
  • Interview transcripts and handwritten research questionnaires from key D-Day participants
  • Rommel’s diary excerpts from the lead-up to D-Day in May 1944
  • Hand-annotated translations of German diaries and telephone logs
  • D-Day mission weather reports
  • Ryan’s original book proposal to Reader’s Digest explaining his new approach to military history writing
  • Six full-color battle maps
  • An exclusive audio CD featuring Ryan’s previously unheard, original research interviews with many of D-Day’s senior commanders, including Allied Supreme Commander Dwight D. Eisenhower, as well as the soldiers, paratroopers, sailors, and airmen who fought in this most famous and decisive battle of World War II

I am providing this link which will give you a preview of what this great new edition holds within its pages http://www.barronsbooks.com/cat/bookviews/html/bkvw1438075197.html

With the 70th anniversary of D-Day coming up soon, I hope you post and share these photos online and let your followers know this new edition is available.

If you would like to find out more about “The Longest Day,” please contact myself at pkalis@barronseduc.com or Eric Lowenhar at elowenhar@barronseduc.com.

Regards,

Paul Kalis

Barron’s Educational Series

250 Wireless Blvd

Hauppague, New York 11788

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Sounds like a good book for the collection. I've read it before - it's a good one.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Longest Winter- Alex Kershaw afc7883 16 22,308 10-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Time Magazine D-day anniversary civilwargal 4 6,391 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy