German Boy

I was in the Udvar-Hazy Center last Saturday (the Air And Space Museum by Dulles Airport) and I had the good fortune to meet Wolfgang W. E. Samuel. He is the author of German Boy and several other books. German Boy is an autobiographical story of his life in NAZI Germany (he was 10 when the story begins toward the end of the war) and during the Soviet occupation. I have just started the book so I don't have much of a review yet, but it looks great. Later in life, he came to America and served as a pilot with the USAF from 1965 through 1985 and retired as a colonel. He has many other books and my wife and I picked up a couple while we were there. Unfortunately, I had German Boy at home so it is not signed!!

Wolfgang W. E. Samuel

post-449-0-34871700-1474418064_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_8348sm.JPG (Size: 113.29 KB / Downloads: 0)

Thank you for this Todd. I'm going to my library catalogue to see if Mr Samuel's books are listed.

Colin.

So happy to hear you got to meet him. Made an already wonderful day, even more special. I have not read the book yet.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I was in the Udvar-Hazy Center last Saturday (the Air And Space Museum by Dulles Airport) and I had the good fortune to meet Wolfgang W. E. Samuel. He is the author of German Boy and several other books. German Boy is an autobiographical story of his life in NAZI Germany (he was 10 when the story begins toward the end of the war) and during the Soviet occupation. I have just started the book so I don't have much of a review yet, but it looks great. Later in life, he came to America and served as a pilot with the USAF from 1965 through 1985 and retired as a colonel. He has many other books and my wife and I picked up a couple while we were there. Unfortunately, I had German Boy at home so it is not signed!!

Wolfgang W. E. Samuel

attachicon.gifIMG_8348sm.JPG

I'm always looking for some new reading material, think I will check out some of Mr. Samuel's works, they look interesting. We visited the Udvar-Hazy Center on our vacation back in 2011, amazing place, loved it. Thanks for posting this CaptO.

Randy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German Defences in Italy Custermen 1 3,585 01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter