284th - Silent Heroes

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OL5FVRW - by Mike Shilling - Kindle version

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thank you for posting the link about the book that I put together with the help of the veterans of the 284th Engr. C. Bn. It starts at basic training and goes all the way through the end of the war. It is full of photos, maps, official reports and personal accounts. The guys left most of the combat details out of it though, those details were things they wanted to leave in the past. There is also a paperback version available as well:

https://www.createspace.com/4992551

Hi Mikel!

I will be ordering a copy. It is fantastic that you have preserved this history!

Thank you for telling us about it.

Jean

Hi Jean,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for purchasing the book! It means a lot to know that their history is available and that people are really interested in it!

Their reunion is only a few weeks away so I'm excited to bring them all copies of it. :)

Mikel

Oh that is so cool. I did the same thing with my documentary. I gave a free copy to all my WWII engineers. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard

It's on it's fourth reprint. Check it out!

Marion J Chard

Thank you Marion!!

This fourth edition has a ton of new "stuff" added to it!

New stories, maps, details, photos and somewhere around 30 new soldier photos added to the yearbook style roster! It is amazing to me how my little book about the 284th keeps on growing!

NOTE: It is only the paperback that has been updated, I haven't had a chance to update the Kindle version yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Company of Heroes by Marcus Brotherton Walt's Daughter 4 6,596 12-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  "ordinary Heroes: Six Stars In the Window" arve 0 3,311 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Last Post: arve