Milton Sandifer - 78th Inf Div

Hello to J. Milton Sandifer!

Man, what an honor to be hearing something from a man that actually crossed the Remagen Bridge during that time period!

The 78th Division is an amazing Division and they had an amazing Association after the War. I am so sorry that it was disbanded. I was able to get many copies of The Flash (their newsletter) from Jennifer Norton who was absolutely incredible.

Marion, do you think Mr. Sandifer would be up for a visit from me. I would love to hear his War recollections and especially about the time from Remagen forward.

There was a PFC Lawrence Morel with the 78th who is pictured serving my Dad and Guidry their first American Bread and Jam after their successful escape around March 21st and 22nd. It was the 78th that came across Dad and Guidry in the field. Morel's address in the caption on the photo is158 Spring St. Newton, New Jersey. If the 78th Association or the Flash were still in existence when I learned of Morel, I would have put out an inquiry in the publication

It would be fascinating to track where Mr. Sandifer was before the 10th, West of the Rhine, and then onward. He actually might have passed through Waldbrol or heard stories about it and about the 2 Americans that made it to the Allied lines.

Marion, you sure do reach a huge number of people!

I am so passionate about that Remagen Bridge crossing story! I have several books on it. What a story! We went there a couple of years ago on that quick trip when we went to meet the Sister.

Jean

Messages In This Thread
Milton Sandifer - 78th Inf Div - by Jean Jacobson - 05-17-2014, 06:41 PM