Larry, dear forum member "SonofMp" has passed away

Marion,

I knew you would be moved knowing that piece of information. It showed such a sweet side of Larry - and he was so proud of the photo and your relationship!

I started looking for that email early this AM and decided it was unwise. Too emotional!

You know I really did not know him for very long. Our relationship only started on Memorial Day last year - that is only 7 months ago - and he made that kind of impact on me and my life!

When I am up for it, I would like to learn more about Larry's life and also his time here at your website. I will try to find all of his responses to different people. You all, Todd, Colin, Christoph, and others, obviously, and with great good fortune, appear to of had many years of knowing one another.

On a lighter note, something funny to share with you was in a couple of Larry's website responses he made references to a Bunny. Christoph immediately picked up on it and made a cute and astute comment in response. Slowly I will share the whole story with you.

Larry was hilarious and I was stunned by his wit! Especially since initially I was so intimidated by him.

The bit I will share with you today is: I have a close friend that I met here in Miami maybe 10 years ago. She was a Playboy Bunny for the Playboy Club here in town maybe back in the 60's? Strange I have another close friend that I met since moving back here that also was a Playboy Bunny back in that same time frame. That friend trained here in Miami and then worked in New York.

Gad, Larry why aren't you here to tell this story properly - and cause us all to roll over with laughter!

Larry the Legend was truly one of a kind! No one can replace him - ever! What a Grand and Extraordinary Human Being!

Jean

:kermit::P:clappin:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion,

I ordered another brick at the WW2 Museum in honor of Larry. I was going to wait until next year for the anniversary of his death but was concerned that something would happen and the 2 bricks would not be placed next to each other. This one is for Larry's Dad and then Larry is not alone.

This brick will have on it:

Stanley E. Duzal, Jr.

706th MP Bn. Co. C WW2

4/2/1922-8/9/2006

Jean

Oh how sweet!!!! Want to do this for my dad too, but have to save up some money before I can. Hopefully will be able to get this done before the end of the year.

You are so thoughtful!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts and Prayers for John Fallon - his wife passed away Walt's Daughter 2 3,537 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mgjohnson
  Patty Andrews, last surviving member of singing Andrews sisters, dead at 94 Wendy 2 4,028 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Major Dick Winters passed away Frank Gubbels 8 8,905 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  The passing of Larry Babine - 36th Combat Eng Walt's Daughter 6 6,558 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  36th Engineer - Walter Bucci - passed away Walt's Daughter 0 2,569 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
  Ben Palmer has passed away... Walt's Daughter 9 127,866 05-21-2005, 05:27 AM
  Bill Butler has passed on - 48th CE Walt's Daughter 1 117,993 05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Irishmaam