Submitting your story to HBO

WWII Vets, take a look at this. Jim Hennessey sent me the link tonight.

HBO - Submit your story for possible inclusion? :pdt12:

I submitted my dad's story this morning and included several stories. I will let you know if they accept the inclusion. How wonderful this is. This will allow his story to be shared with an even greater number of people.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

If I could sit down and use a tape recorder to tape some of my dads stories I might think about doing this. sounds really like a nice tribute to our Veterans Thanks for the link

Cindy

You might want to check first, but I think HBO has pretty much shut this down . I hope I am wrong but the BOB site there is being phased out.

It's still going strong Jiggers. They took all my info this morning. There is no indication that this is being phased out. ;)

Marion J Chard

Glad to hear it Marion.

I posted my info with 2 photos about 4 or 5 days ago. No email reply; no listing.

I submitted info on my uncle who was taken POW at Salerno.

STeve

Well looks like Jiggers may be right. They accepted all our stuff, but no response. You would think that if they weren't running the program anymore that they would take a second of their time and say so, or take down the form.

??

Marion J Chard

:banghead: Me too. I submitted my Dads stroy also and never heard from them either, so at least I am not the olny loser Cindy

Well indeedee-doo, Jiggers was right, for I tried to contact one of the vets for a new friend of mine who is researching her husband's history and it came up with an error. So not only is their site not accepting new entries, you can't even contact the vets who have their stories posted there. What a real shame. Someone should at least have the decency to put up a disclaimer on their site. I wonder how many vets and their families have taken the time to write and submit histories, to only find out that nothing did and will never appear.

:(

Marion J Chard