Farewell Joe Fournier - 3rd Div

Well my dear forum members, many of you will be saddened to hear, that long time member, Joe Fournier, alias J3rdinf, has passed away.

Many wrote to ask what happened to Joe and I was finally able to find some info, upon sending him a Christmas card. And a few hours ago, I received a voice-mail from a woman, letting me know that Joe passed away on August 1, 2013. She thanked me for writing and being concerned.

Farewell 'ol friend. You were one of the very first vets on this site and we loved your contributions. You were quite a character and well loved by all. Shall miss you. Rest in peace, buddy.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion I am pleased to hear that you have heard why you have'nt had any contact from Joe. Only saddened like you to find that he is no longer with us.

He will be missed but always remembered.

Colin.

Amen. Yes, I know what you mean. I hate not knowing. Still waiting to hear what happened to Rocky. Of course, I will let everyone know, whatever I hear. Oh, good news is I got a phone call from John McAuliffe today. Said he dropped his internet earlier this year. He is now dedicated to reading and catching up on books. It was so good to hear from him.

Marion J Chard

Marion,

I'm saddened to hear about the passing of Joe. I did enjoy talking to him when he was posting. It's good that you heard what happened - not knowing is the worst.

Rest in peace, sir!!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Marion, Do you mean 'the Rocky', Larry the Legend?

He is okay and appears to be really busy with everything since his Mom passed away.

I check in on him on a regular basis - you know how crazy I am about him and how much respect I have for him!

Last message back from him was on Monday night and he wrote that, it is too cold!

Boy I miss him too!

So sad to read about all of these deaths - what brave men and what a strange youth they all experienced!

Jean

No Jean, Rocky the WWII veteran.

Marion J Chard

Oh my goodness, I was obviously thinking of Rokn Rocky, Larry the Legend.

I hope your Rocky is okay!

Jean

Rocky was one of the first vets to join. He was extremely active and he and Joe interacted all the time. The camaraderie was great. It was a great time to be on the forum, for it was a busy place and people chatting all the time, back and forth.

Marion J Chard