24th's Bridge in Greatest Tank Battles

I like this show. They have great interviews and illustrations tied in. This is defiantly my favorite episode, it features the 4th ADs turn to relive Bastogne.

At about 7:16 of this part there is an illustration of a ponton bridge put in by the 24th Armored Engineer Battalion.

http://youtu.be/H4fAmHx4rgI

Funny you should mention this, this morning, for my hubby and I were watching the Greatest Tank Battles on TV last night and the last episode we watched at 10 PM was this very thing! What a coincidence.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Although I have seen it before, that's what prompted me to put this up. So I watched it too.

Great minds - huh? I was watching this episode last night (yesterday morning for you in the past - i.e. the east side of the international date line). Good show, although I didn't get to finish it. I'll have to catch up with it here.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Ah, glad to hear so many of us are enjoying this fantastic show. Some of the vets are so animated. Such a joy hearing them tell the tales.

Marion J Chard

I am eager to watch this when I can sit long enough. I wonder if it was on the Military Channel?

Boy do I learn a lot on this site Marion!

Jean J

Yes, the Military Channel, sweetie.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Detroit - Our Greatest Generation Walt's Daughter 5 6,725 12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter