Todd and I and? Where is everyone??

:pdt12: :pdt12:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion, I have not seen any posts by you lately? or have I missed them? You provide so much information but also you are soooo funny!

Boy, those 2 new topics and gentlemen are doing some fantastic research!

Now we need a River that Christoph is researching to be part of their topics.

I will be off line for a bit.

Jean J

Thanks Jean. Just been busy with home remodel projects and other jobs. Since the store has closed, we are taking part of that space and adding it onto our home (attached store/home). Builder is here again today, so I must run right now and buy some spray foam insulation and two wired smoke detectors.

Glad you miss me. :clappin::D

Marion J Chard

Hey, I'm still around. It's just that often I feel that I don't have much to contribute to the discussions...

Has anyone heard from Rocky or Dogdaddy lately?

Talk to Rocky frequently via facebook, etc. He is doing a-okay.

Haven't talked to Dogdaddy in a long while, though. Hope he will drop in too. Miss a lot of the old gang. Glad too see your post!!!!

Marion J Chard

Hey everyone, I'm still here but busy as that proverbial one legged man at a particular contest (apologies to people not familiar with this particular colloquialism). We at the 31st MEU are getting ready to embark for our Spring Patrol (this time about 2 months) which will include an exercise in Thailand (Cobra Gold). Later this summer we will be going on an exercise to Australia. That should be a interesting deployment and I will be crossing the equator, too. They still do Shellback ceremonies but it’s not like the good, old days – damn hazing rules!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Thanks for your service, sir! Love hearing snippets of where you have been. My grandfather was a US Diplomat in that region (Laos) during Vietnam.

Hey Todd, yes every time I hear about crossing the big E, I think of Papa Art's story here on the forum.

It was nice hearing from your wife on FB too the other day, via the VI Corps Page. That was a pleasant surprise.

Right now sitting here in Michigan, the ocean sounds really big and really cold! Stay safe my friend.

Marion J Chard

Gee, stopped by another WWII forum and have to admit I was envious; tons of people on there chatting back and forth. Ah, how I miss those days... :zzzz:

Marion J Chard

I'm with you! Speaking of being out of communication, I'm about to go on ship today and comms aren't the best. You would figure that modern Navy ships would have decent comm, but the ship was designed in the 90's. If I drop off for a while, that's why. I'll post stroies and pictures when I can!See you in Thailand!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien