KNLDJ - Internet radio

Well this is the modern version of 40's radio, so I thought I'd place it here. Received this letter this evening and am happy to swap links with Donn and his wife.

KNLDJ

Hi Marion;

Your web site is terrific, thanks for sharing with over a half million people.

We want to introduce our Internet radio station KNLDJ to you. I am a veteran of the Korean "conflict" and was stationed at Elmendorf, AFB, Alaska 1951-1953. My duty assignment was as staff announcer and disc jockey for Armed Forces Radio Service. I was just 17 when I enlisted.

Over the years my wife Nancy and I have been involved full time with several show business venues not the least of which was the media.

In 2007 I suffered a dissected Aorta (with a 2% survival rate) and 8 more heart related surgeries in 11 months. I am not able to do a lot and so I told Nancy I would love to have an Internet Radio Station, so in April of 2011 we signed on the Internet using the call letters KNLDJ and programming 4 hours a day. On 4th July 2011 we started using automation and programming 24/7. Our target audience is veterans and senior citizens and our programming is Old Time Radio shows from ABC, AFRS, CBC, CBS, Mutual, NBC and the South African Radio Network.

The programs range from detective shows to westerns, comedies, music shows, dramas, Christian programs and a polyglot of other general programming. We also feature a number of AFRS produced shows like "Carolina Cotton Calling", "G. I. Jive", "Command Performance" etc. All these programs will be on a rotating basis so listeners in any time zone or anywhere around the globe will have a convenient time to listen.

To honor the veterans of WW2 we will be programming 18+ hours (on a rotating basis) of all phases of WW2 from battle field audio, to dramas, archival audio etc. We will also be playing programs and music from the war era including "Fibber & Molly's" special on 7 December 1941, President Roosevelt's declaration of War with Japan and many other historic moments in history.. The programming will start midnight on May 27th and run through May 29th. Then from May 30th through June 4th we will return to regular programming. Our WW2 special will be repeated for D-Day from June 5th through the 7th.

We have confirmed listeners in 24 countries. We had hoped to get 100 listeners. That would have been satisfying but we have thousands who enjoy family entertainment.

We have no commercials (other than those that are in the body of some of the programs which, of course, are null and void but left in so every program that has the old outdated commercials is historic in every way. We do NOT solicit nor accept monies or donations of any kind. This is our gift and a labor of love.

We will hope you find time to give us a listen. Our volunteer staff, other than Nancy and myself, are all professional broadcasters. We have station breaks between each program and accept public service announcements (PSA's) at no charge.

Perhaps we could exchange links on our web site. Ours is not totally done. You access KNLDJ via Google or Yahoo by entering KNLDJ then clicking on the link.

Thank you for your wonderful tribute to your father and to all veterans as well.

Respectfully,

Donn and Nancy Moyer

KNLDJ Internet Radio Free America from Tacoma, Washington, USA.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War II Radio - 1944 sixgun 0 4,771 11-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  Radio Days chucktoo1926 6 12,006 03-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  1940's Radio Days Walt's Daughter 2 8,542 02-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter