1254th Engineers

The HELP section has info to assist you with any technical forum issues

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?app=core&module=help

This refers to any type of file, whether is be a document of a photo - You must click MORE REPLY OPTIONS first.

Attachments
Depending on where in the community you are posting your message at, you may be able to upload attachments to your message. There are two types of uploaders available: the default uploader and the flash uploader.

Default Uploader
The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

If you change your mind, you can press the button and then choose a different file.

Once you have selected the file you want, press Attach the file.
If there are any errors uploading the file, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachment appear.

Flash Uploader
You can enable the flash uploader from your settings menu. When enabled, you will be able to easily upload more than one file at a time.

To start, press Click to Attach Files. A box will appear for you to select the file or files on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file or files you want to upload. You can select more than one file at a time by holding Ctrl (on Windows) or Command (on Mac) and click on the files.

Once you have selected your files and clicked "Open", they will begin uploading. If there are any errors uploading the files, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachments appear.

Managing Attachments
Regardless of which uploader you use, once the files are uploaded you will see them on your screen. By default, all attachments are added to the bottom of your message, however, you can add any attachment to a particular section of your post by pressing the "Add to Post" link.

If you wish to remove an attachment and have it not appear in your post, simply press the "Delete" link.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

BTW, I am in the final phases of completing better scans of the original book, "Catfish", about the 1254th CEB. Once I've optimized the scans, I plan to upload to a website that I have used in the past to produce beautiful vacation photo albums in various sizes and exteriors. I'll tee-up the book so that anyone who wants to can go in and just order their own copy of it and choose their own size and price range. If there's a special offer code (which there normally is from this group), I think the cost will be under $50, but not sure. Just for the record, I do NOT have any financial interest in this. I just wanted to offer an option for anyone interested in 1254th history to have access to a copy of the book for their library. - John

Great post. I'm sure many will benefit from your hard work.

Marion J Chard

Folks, I have finished the rescanning of the book, "Catfish", and have published it on the Mixbook web site at this link:

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/catfish-13547194?vk=ymWDidOAWC

Just a few items of note.

• If you decide to order, perform a google search for Mixbook promo codes. Without use of a promo code, the price will be 40-50% more. They always have promo codes out there.
  • You can preview the book via a portal image that allows you to turn pages. The portal image is not great, but the final actual physical version of the book has excellent quality. I have ordered one so I could see how it turned out.
  • You can order the book as a paperback or hardback. If hardback, you can upgrade to leather and you can add a dust jacket for either hardback version.
  • I could not find any author's name or any copyright markings. I know it's not my work, but I'm not making any money on it, either. This is just a labor of love for historical preservation and sharing.
  • I have added two things that were not in the original book: a personal post-publishing dedication to the men of the 1254th and a group battalion photo that was not in the original book but that I thought would complete it.
  • The book is created in an 8.5" x 11" version, very close to the original and the closest I could get via this website. The binding and pages are also a heavier grade than the original, which is a good thing, I think.

If you order it, enjoy it. Thanks to all of you for your interest in the 1254th. If the link does not work for any reason, feel free to email me at johnkhurley@aol.com.

John

I can't wait to see it. I will check it out in the next few days. Right now I am busy with book two of my children's series, The Story of Q (which btw has some inferences/learning opportunities re WWII) and this morning I am tweaking a book for my client and hope to be requesting a proof copy by the end of the week. Busy bee!

Congrats again for getting this done and helping keep the history of the 1254th, alive and kicking. Bravo!

Marion J Chard

Hello John, first off thanks again for getting the book scans.

My entire family loved seeing dad and the history of the 1254th.

Tony Conti son of John Conti 2nd squad, 3rd platoon, company C

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,884 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter