Med Det 264th Engr (c) Bn

We are all lucky we have the internet at our disposal. Simply go back through 8 years of history on just this site, to see how much we have accomplished.

It's a joy working with all of you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I'd like to thank all of you for looking into the 264th. What a fantastic surprise! A quick response AND a photo of my grandfather! I have since read Paul Ohrman's account of the 264th in his Bridges to Peace memoir. This was exactly what I was hoping to find and now have a general sense of my grandfather's journey in the war. I now plan on digging a little deeper, as per some of the suggestions on this valuable website. I'll be sure to post anything relevant here.

Sincerely yours,

Jason

After reading Mr. Ohrman's "Bridges to Peace" which was published in 2009, I thought to look him up. I decided to write him straight away once I found his address. I am happy to report that he not only received my letter, he called me this evening! What a delight to speak to Mr. Ohrman about his book, his experiences, and to learn that he remembered my grandfather. He didn't recall specific encounters, but indicated that the medics in the photo were all part of battalion headquarters, of which Mr. Ohrman was part of as intellegence photographer. In fact, upon asking if he might have had any discussions regarding photography with my grandfather Bernard Finkelman, who had a camera during part of the war, Mr. Ohrman said it was likely he developed his photos. I recalled seeing my grandfather's photos from that time and now hope to see them again soon. I would love the opportunity to share them with Mr. Ohrman and perhaps with this forum.

I've introduced Mr. Ohrman to this website and hope we all get the opportunity to hear from him in person.

Amazing!

The words, "Oh wow", just escaped my lips as I read this, this morning. Just woke up minutes ago and this is the first thing I saw while waiting for my coffee to brew. What a lovely way to start the day.

I am so very happy for you, and I too look forward to having Mr. Ohrman join us on the forum. That would be quite an honor for all of us.

:pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  248th Engr. cincinnatikid 2 4,109 02-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  254th Engr. C. Bn. cincinnatikid 3 4,856 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  360th Engr. Regt. cincinnatikid 1 3,800 10-31-2014, 04:14 PM
  1008th Engr. Svc. Bn. cincinnatikid 0 2,156 03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Last Post: cincinnatikid
  THE CASTLE published by the 1108th Engr C Grp Jim Davis 5 6,366 05-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mileng377
  44 engr combat bn in WW II Carl Bolt 3 5,497 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM