Have a chance to start my own radio show

Okay, this post has had 49 views, but I've only heard from literally a handful of people. I really would like to hear some other opinions. Maybe I should put up a poll this week...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion

It's your party forget the poll,sometimes

people are

preoccupied.They are with you but forget to

express their opinions. The gold ring awaits you

girl GO for it.

T4-Jim Hennessey-87th-Div.

The gold ring awaits you girl GO for it.

There you go - one of your vets says, "Do it!" What more needs to be said?! :)

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Hi M1,

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you to share some of the wonderful stories your Vets have shared with us here, and a great way for you to interview even more WWII Vets while they are still here to share them.

Thumbs up! (Nigel wanted to give you a thumbs up too, but he doesn't have thumbs....only those useless dew claws :woof: )

You guys are about the only ones I can always count on and I am grateful, but it makes me feel as though we only have 4 or 5 members and not over 1000. I realize that maybe only a couple of hundred are constant visitors, but even with that, it would be nice to have a little more feedback. I often feel neglected. Sigh!

:huggybears:

Marion J Chard

Marion over the years since 2004 I think we have discussed this very thing, what I like to call our "sleepimg partners" - there is no real answer. To me though on this subject it doesnt matter if it's 5 or 50 as long as it is positive! I'm sure you must have sounded out people around you that are'nt involved with your website, including of course one who will be close to your decision - Lee. Could you fit it in with all you have going on? I feel I know you well enough now to say yes to that, but it comes down to how you feel M1. A big decision I know but all I can do is repeat go for it.

Hugs,

Colin.

Dear Colin:

Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, I do keep hoping for what I guess I now believe is the impossible; getting people to respond.

Have been helping a friend put together an event, and for the life of us, we cannot get over half of the people to simply RSVP. What is so aggravating is the hall space is limited, so we have another list of folks on the waiting list, to take their place, should they decide not to attend. Everyone was to reply by March 1st, but here we are on March 3rd still trying to contact people. It's not as though they have to place a phone call, for they can also reach us via text and email. :armata_PDT_19: My friend reached a few yesterday and their reply, "Of course we'll be there, you know that!" No she replied, I DIDN'T know that, that's why I'm phoning! :armata_PDT_19:

But what's so sad about all this, is I thought from the beginning our GROUP was in a special category, but, I fear I was wrong. I guess it's that half-full approach I keep taking, only to be disappointed once again. :(

But as you pointed out, I do have positive backing from several of you, and of course my immediate family, so what more do I need? B)

Marion J Chard

Marion

It's your party forget the poll,sometimes

people are preoccupied.They are with you but forget to

express their opinions. The gold ring awaits you

girl GO for it.

I agree with Jim on this one.

Here's my two cents:

I never listen to talk radio, talk on the radio usually puts me to sleep. HOWEVER, if it was a subject I was interested in done up by people I know I would definately lean my ear to it.

As for going on your own or going with the radio station for $8,500 per year I can only say.... If the committment involved with the contract makes you uncomfortable don't do it. Or tell him that is beyond your comfort zone and could he possibly do a 6 month contract instead of one year. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you feel you would be just as successful on your own of course you could try that route too, you won't have to pound the pavement drumming up advertising. Depends on how much time you have to get that accomplished.

I help organize events at work, too. Retirement parties, Christmas luncheon, breakfasts & lunches. We always take the number of people that RSVP'd and add 10% to it. If we run out of food, tough sh*t. When that happens my co-worker makes it loud and clear they should have RSVP'd. lol!! Actually the last couple retirements we had a ton of people RSVP and only two thirds or so showed up. The last retirement luncheon we planned we had over 25 people RSVP. The Retiree called in sick on the day of the luncheon and we had to scramble around that morning and call everyone. Thankfully we did get ahold of everyone but we were eating cake for a week!

Hey Brooke, it's good to hear from you. It's been a while.

Ya, you are right, if I had to wait around for people to reply, I'd never get ahead and I'd never get anything accomplished.

I was mulling this over in my head the other day and said the heck with waiting for input. I think people are basically apathetic and unfortunately, apathy is a contagion. You get sucked into it, and I refuse to do that, so I AM going to go ahead with my game plan, though it may be several months down the road.

You were talking about RSVP'ing and my sister-in-law and I have been mulling over this the past few weeks.

We have a wake planned for her husband (my brother-in-law), and the two of us have been pulling out hair out trying to get people to respond. A real shame for she shouldn't have to be calling and writing to people several times to get their YES or NO! We all have enough on our minds (especially her) and to have to deal with this is just outrageous.

What's so maddening about this is the fact that it's SO easy to RSVP now, for most of us can simply reply via text or email. How much easier can it get?

Anyway, it is nice to get your opinion I DO appreciate it.

Marion J Chard

I would think that 99.9% of the people here are generally supportive of anything you do. They may not want to respond because they may think that they don't have anything of value to contribute to the discussion.

I love organizing events even though it can get stressful. Yes, in this day and age it is super easy to RSVP, people are just lazy, LOL!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Military Authors Radio - Marion's Interview! Walt's Daughter 21 21,022 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Marion's Radio Interview Oct 2011 Walt's Daughter 12 11,943 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter