1st Lt. - Signal Corps uniform

Ah, you always make me laugh. Great post!!

snidley_whiplash1.png

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Very interesting, if I were in the USMC, I think I would not keep anything ... Too difficult to keep my facial hair in place ... lol they are very unruly! :machinegun:

I understand these rules, but the typical British mustache of SAS Cpt. John Price of the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are always beautiful :P ... maybe a bit eccentric!? :D But I must say that there is a certain similarity between Cpt. Price and the last vignette "Marines in the field".

post-1233-0-04048700-1326911888_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   196786-price_large.jpg (Size: 32.34 KB / Downloads: 0)

BTW does anyone have any idea about the meaning of the incision into the buckle? Verne F. Bragg

Verne F. Bragg

I think that it is a full name. Normally the abbreviation for fort is "ft". It is true that when someone is scratching an inscription into a belt buckle they might use as few letters as possible, but why scratch the name of your base in it anyway? The reason you would want to put your name on a piece of gear in the first place is to get it back if you lose it. Putting only your first name and a base doesn’t seem the best way to do that. During WWII if you are where going to leave the mainland USA, you probably wouldn't spend that much time on one base and if you were stuck in the USA, your base is where you are most likely to lose any piece of gear anyway. If anything, I would think they would put a unit on it vice a location. This is especially true if you were set to go overseas. So my guess is that Verne put his last name and middle initial on it.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

I would concur. I can't imagine why anyone overseas would be a US base on their belt buckle. So I say, we begin a tough search for a soldier named, Verne F Bragg!

Marion J Chard

Thanks Capt, you're right. In fact I had not thought about the fact that a surname and the name of the base are not the smartest thing to incise...

Thanks M1, it would be interesting to be able to find out more on the uniform!

I did some research online, but did not lead to anything ....

The only thing I found is here fold3 However, the middle initial does not match ...

For some reason the link does not work. Maybe because each search is not "kept".

Marion J Chard

Yeah I noticed, however, just enter in name search, Verne Bragg.

I typed in Verne F Bragg, and it came up with a number of items. Don't know if they are related, but give that a try...

Marion J Chard