Dog tags

Hey all. Please forgive the different user name, apparently I have two. :D This is the one I could remember today :D (Caryl-280ECB)

Anyway, my aunt emailed me this morning and the mother of one of her friends apparently has some dog tags that she want to return to next of kin. I am awaiting an email from her as to the era of the tags and how on earth she aquired them.

I know it's possible, and alot of work. I'm just letting you all know I might be needing your research help soon or a contact of someone that can help her. :D

Hope all of your research is going well.

Mine is almost at a dead end. Although I am going to see about getting my friends in Europe to take some current photos of some old stomping grounds :)

Caryl

Hi Caryl:

All the best to you during the Christmas holidays!

Yes, of course we will be more than happy to lend a helping hand. Just keep us posted...

I will try and merge the two accounts for you. Let me see what I can do this morning. Trust me, you aren't the only one. :wave2:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi Caryl:

All the best to you during the Christmas holidays!

Yes, of course we will be more than happy to lend a helping hand. Just keep us posted...

I will try and merge the two accounts for you. Let me see what I can do this morning. Trust me, you aren't the only one. :wave2:

If you can merge this one into the Caryl 280 one that'd be great.

The back story to the tags is that my aunt has a friend, whose mother just passed away. They knew she had been engaged during wwii, but married someone else instead. In her belongings they found these dogtags, and ribbons that were not her husbands, but suspect that they were the fiance's. The currently family hopes to find information and maybe get the things BACK to his family.

I'm still waiting for the name and serial number.

and am still waiting.....ugh