Funding rescinded for Battleship New Jersey

I received this from Tom Helvig. Below is letter he forwarded to me regarding the pulling of funds for the USS New Jersey. I am also including the two sample letters referred to and have left them in WORD format, in case you want to use/edit them:

Friends,

As you may have seen in the papers and on TV, the State of New Jersey has cut the funding for the Battleship New Jersey from $1.74 million each of the last 2 years, to $0. This cut puts us in a critical financial situation. We are asking you to help us by sending letters to the Governor requesting that our funding is restored.

Attached are two letters that we are asking that you send out to all your veteran contacts and to everyone you know asking the governor for support for the Battleship New Jersey. We are asking that you send the letter directly to the governor or via email at:

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/

We also ask that you copy your State Legislators. To find their contact info, you can go to:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/roster.asp.

We have attached two sample letters, one for veterans and one for supporters. As always, Thank you for your support.

Jim

Battleship_NJ_ltr_to_Governor-Veterans.doc

Battleship_NJ_ltr_to_Governor-Supporter.doc

Attached Files
.doc   Battleship_NJ_ltr_to_Governor-Veterans.doc (Size: 24 KB / Downloads: 0)
.doc   Battleship_NJ_ltr_to_Governor-Supporter.doc (Size: 23.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Battleship of Presidents - USS Iowa Walt's Daughter 8 8,374 10-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  USS NEW JERSEY NEEDS YOUR HELP Walt's Daughter 0 2,300 03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Philip P. Rowan named President/CEO Of the Battleship New Jersey Walt's Daughter 1 3,821 03-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Last Post: ND-Jim