Google Earth

I had a chance to look at Sandy's file on the Company C bivouacs and thought about plotting a few of the locations on Google Earth. I have only spent about an hour plotting "Placemarks" and dates but WOW!! The panaramio feature has hundreds of photographs of each of the areas and I have the opportunity to view some of the actual buildings my Dad saw.

Google Earth is one of the great resources of the internet and best of all it is free. I use it quite often for mapping and there are a lot of fun and useful features

I had a chance to look at Sandy's file on the Company C bivouacs and thought about plotting a few of the locations on Google Earth. I have only spent about an hour plotting "Placemarks" and dates but WOW!! The panaramio feature has hundreds of photographs of each of the areas and I have the opportunity to view some of the actual buildings my Dad saw.

Google Earth is one of the great resources of the internet and best of all it is free. I use it quite often for mapping and there are a lot of fun and useful features

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John comes down to earth... ricklind 1 3,249 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter