Help with 2 dog tags from Futa Pass

A friend of mine has found a few days ago, 2 dog tags, close to the Futa Pass.

I am not able to find much about them, apart from the data of the NARA AAD.

If you can find the address or the email of a relative I could give it to my friend, so he could get in touch.

Thanks for any help.

Enry

Joseph C Ropel

Frederick A Meister

Beatrice Meister

2312 Aldrich Ave

Minneapolis, MN

Selectees (Enlisted Men)

ROPEL JOSEPH C

MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN

Enlistment date 27-6-42

Private

Warrant Officers, USA WISCONSIN

Year of birth 1919

I also left message attached to record at Ancestry.com

Found this here: http://wvls.lib.wi.us/ClarkCounty/warner/history/Pioneers/indexS.htm

Thelma Angeline Thorson 11 Feb 1923, still living Dec 2007. Married Joe Ropel (son of Joseph and Cecilia nee Socik Ropel of Milwaukee, WI) 1 Nov 1941 in Milwaukee, WI divorced 1952, children Ronald Joseph b. 1942, Allan Lee b. 1946, d. 2001 lung cancer, Dale Richard b. 1948. Thelma next married Don Euclide (son of Joseph and Lena Euclide of Door Co., WI) in 1953 who legally adopted Thelma's three Ropel boys. Euclide children: Joanne Gail b. 1953, Diane Marie b. 1956, Sandra Ann b. 1963. Thelma and Don liked to travel, go dancing and enjoyed playing cards with friends. Thelma’s hair, like her sister Alice Mae, turned from blond-white to red after puberty, inherited from her Norwegian ancestors. Thelma, unlike her siblings, was very small, barely 5’ tall and small boned. Thelma and Don Euclide and family lived in Medford, WI most of their married life.

I contacted Sharon (from that website) and told her what we were trying to accomplish.

post-2-0-49618200-1308686533_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Joseph C Ropel 1919.JPG (Size: 66.76 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Article about him.

Army-SignalCorps-42-MeisterFrederick.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Army-SignalCorps-42-MeisterFrederick.pdf (Size: 160.66 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Enlistment record - Frederick Meister

I left a message attached to the record which stated we were looking to contact any family member(s).

post-2-0-80618800-1308685052_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-44908000-1308685569_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Frederick Meister Enlistment.JPG (Size: 69.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Frederick Meister Social Sec death record.JPG (Size: 70.51 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

We've done it. I got in touch with the family of Joe Ropel. This is SO exciting!!! Here's the scoop:

Dear Marion,

I looked at the site and noted that this is Joseph C (not A) Ropel and he was from Wisconsin (not MN) , and I have a photo of him taken while he served in Italy, so you do have the right contact info. Joe died in April 1982, his first born son Ronald died in 2009 but he has a son who more than likely would like to have the tags. (Note that Joes' children were legally adopted by Don Euclide and carry the Euclide name.)

The "CC" is to Ronald's widow. Her address is: Val Euclide; N3380 Grover Drive; Withee, WI 54498

Thank you for caring enough to do the research.

Sincerely,

Sharon Short

(Joe's neice and author of many Clark Co, WI website articles)

When I wrote to her, I put Joseph A Ropel in the subject area. DOH!

Dear Sharon:

Sorry for the confusion on the website, for Enrico is actually looking for two different gentlemen; your family member from Wisconsin and a second gentleman from Minnesota, Frederick A Meister.

Can't tell you how happy and excited I am. Can't wait to post this information to the forum this morning and let my buddy from Italy know I have found the family. It's just amazing what one can do on the internet, and all within 24 hours of the initial search. WOW!

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. This is just wonderful. Can't wait to see the photograph.

I look forward to talking with you and to getting in touch with his widow and Ronald.

Warmly,

Marion

Marion J Chard

As always I do not know how to thank! :D

Although in this case I will bring you the thanks from my friend.

Can I give the address to my friend? Or you're waiting for other contacts?

Thanks again

Enry

As always, you are most welcome. Of course you may share the information, while we wait for further contact.

What GREAT NEWS!!!

:huggybears:

Marion J Chard

My friend will be delighted! I'll let you know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog Tags rick 3 4,025 03-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: rick
  Dog tags found in Italy - T J McIntyre Walt's Daughter 12 11,481 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Found Dog Tags - Arthur B. Ogden T-43 Walt's Daughter 0 233,288 05-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter